Season Tickets

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I got them too and I have this to say about it.

This won't work. I know Tech is all computer and mobile savvy and all that, but I anticipate snafus from the get-go. You thought the lines were long before. Just think what they will be like when you have multiple irate ticket holders whose tickets don't scan. Or poor, unsuspecting guests who get to the game to find that they can't get in and/or park due to some kind of phone app hassle. Of which, as most of you know, there are legions.

But … it will be cheaper and I guess everyone will get used to it by the end of the season. Wave of the future and all that, I guess. Now, back to the tutorials …

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan

This won't work. I know Tech is all computer and mobile savvy and all that, but I anticipate snafus from the get-go. You thought the lines were long before. Just think what they will be like when you have multiple irate ticket holders whose tickets don't scan. Or poor, unsuspecting guests who get to the game to find that they can't get in and/or park due to some kind of phone app hassle. Of which, as most of you know, there are legions.

But … it will be cheaper and I guess everyone will get used to it by the end of the season. Wave of the future and all that, I guess. Now, back to the tutorials …
My understanding that the mobile-only thing will end post-covid. I'm young and have zero issue with mobile entry, I just like to keep the tickets for collecting purposes. Kind of a definitive way to say "I was there." I hope they will return.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

Seeing how the tickets are distributed via email for everyone, there shouldn't be too much trouble even if someone prints their tickets. Unless they leave their phone at home or deletes their email.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Id actually prefer the big plastic lanyard style tix. 1 tag per seat for the whole season to season tix holders.

They do give an option of having a sheet of tix printed and mailed, which I'll do because I to love collecting tickets to games I've been too. Earliest is a 1991 LA Dodger ticket and the most impressive is my Super Bowl XXIII suite ticket...only $230....greatest bday present ever!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What kind of phone do you have? Most any phone made in the last 10 years should be able to open emails and display the qr code or whatever it is
I finally got it, problem was when I got the phone they set up an e-mail account which I forgot about and it's not the e=mail address that Tech had. So I had to E-mail tthat account cause it was the one with G=pay . I'm dumb if something can be easy I'm great at making it hard .

( I really need to write down all my passwords . I hate passwords)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Seeing how the tickets are distributed via email for everyone, there shouldn't be too much trouble even if someone prints their tickets. Unless they leave their phone at home or deletes their email.
The instructions say you can't do this because the barcodes will be too big to scan. And, of course, a lot of fans will show up at the games with tickets they printed out.

Want to know how we grow more Tech fans, start them young and indoctrinate them..My son was 5 and my daughter was 2
Kids Tech 004.jpg
was 2.
Kids Tech 001.jpg

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
The instructions say you can't do this because the barcodes will be too big to scan. And, of course, a lot of fans will show up at the games with tickets they printed out.
Yeah I meant that even if someone printed their tickets, they'll still have them in their email. So as long as they bring their phone with them, they should be good.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I finally got it, problem was when I got the phone they set up an e-mail account which I forgot about and it's not the e=mail address that Tech had. So I had to E-mail tthat account cause it was the one with G=pay . I'm dumb if something can be easy I'm great at making it hard .

( I really need to write down all my passwords . I hate passwords)
pssst...you can have more than 1 email account on the phone. Just add the one you use all the time and know the password to. It's pretty easy. If you can't figure it out, ask your great-grandkids.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
vespinaeGT said:
Yeah I meant that even if someone printed their tickets, they'll still have them in their email. So as long as they bring their phone with them, they should be good.

I would be very wary about printing out the ticket and trying to use that. Many of the new electronic bar codes are "living," meaning you can't just print or screen shot them, you have to bring them up in an authorized app like the GT gameday app, Apple Wallet, etc., or else they won't scan.

Same thing applies for "transferring" or selling your tickets to friends, family, buyers, etc. You have to officially transfer the ticket using the ticket service built into the GT gameday app (I think GT licenses through StubHub). If you just send a screenshot of the barcode, I do not think that will work.

Last edited:

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
My understanding that the mobile-only thing will end post-covid. I'm young and have zero issue with mobile entry, I just like to keep the tickets for collecting purposes. Kind of a definitive way to say "I was there." I hope they will return.

I would be surprised if we ever return. I am also an Atlanta United season ticket holder. They went from a yearly issued plastic card that was good for all games, to either the card or electronic, to now electronic only for the last couple years. Frankly, it is easier once you have done it and figure it out. Transferring is a pain the butt though, as you can't just screen shot the ticket barcode as mentioned in my post above.

If you have an iPhone, best approach is to add the tickets to your tickets to your Apple Wallet app before you go to the stadium. That way, it is extremely easy to find and will bring up in an instant even if there are wifi/cellular issues at the game. Then just remove those tickets from your "Wallet" before adding the tickets for the next game.