Season Ticket Sales

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
With just a few weeks before kickoff I keep hearing commercials for ticket sales. I really thought with the good schedule we have that we wouldn't have to beg fans to show up. I do admit that some Tech fans like their football, but won't shell out the cash to buy tickets. I have a difficult time justifying low ticket sales for a team that just went to the Orange Bowl and beat a good SEC team !JMO.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I really thought with the good schedule we have that we wouldn't have to beg fans to show up. I have a difficult time justifying low ticket sales for a team that just went to the Orange Bowl and beat a good SEC team

(Sigh) Get used to it. I felt the same way exactly 24 years ago. Don't get caught up in looking at how it is at other schools. We're not them. We're the Institute. All we can do is support our team the best we can, and hopefully have a lot of fun again this year.

With just a few weeks before kickoff I keep hearing commercials for ticket sales. I really thought with the good schedule we have that we wouldn't have to beg fans to show up. I do admit that some Tech fans like their football, but won't shell out the cash to buy tickets. I have a difficult time justifying low ticket sales for a team that just went to the Orange Bowl and beat a good SEC team !JMO.

Just because we have commercials that are running does not alone indicate low ticket sales. There is a justified strategy for continuing the commercials even if ticket sales have increased. Greater recognition through the commercials could help not only this year but future years as well by generating interest in Georgia Tech football as an event. It could be a positive.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
They sold out if $245 tickets. I want to buy 2 and would be at every game, but I can't spend $700 right now for what is left. Sadly, the seats that are $245 are still open, just bring held for 3 pack. If there are open seats at games, remember, I wanted to buy.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Lots of Tech grads who went to every game while they were on campus move out to all parts of the country. I take every chance I can get to watch a game live, but for me that means trying to hit any away games that are anywhere near me and take in the occasional championship/bowl game. This is where our national reputation for educational excellence hurts us...we spread out too far wide. If we were just any old state university (say, Georgia, for instance) we'd have virtually our entire alumni base local, plus all the rando sidewalk fans that jump on the bandwagon. It helps them in football to be small time in life.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They sold out if $245 tickets. I want to buy 2 and would be at every game, but I can't spend $700 right now for what is left. Sadly, the seats that are $245 are still open, just bring held for 3 pack. If there are open seats at games, remember, I wanted to buy.

I think if you call the ticket office they can work it out if there are actually $245 tickets still available for the full season.

Well if GT football would start winning at the level it did last year, you would see the increase in a lot of things. The football team hasn't been that good in consistent years. Never has been in the modern era.

Animal02

Banned
Just because we have commercials that are running does not alone indicate low ticket sales. There is a justified strategy for continuing the commercials even if ticket sales have increased. Greater recognition through the commercials could help not only this year but future years as well by generating interest in Georgia Tech football as an event. It could be a positive.
It could also be the package buy of advertising as well. Even if almost every ticket was sold, you would let the ads run

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
We don't have a full stadium for the same reason you can go to any major city in the world and watch a GT game with 50-100 GT alum... we're not a regional school- our alumni are literally all over the world.

The amount of empty seats is definitely less than ideal- but i wouldn't trade that any day for our global brand recognition and strong alumni network.

Our real problem is that we need to appeal more to sidewalk fans. I think that will come if we consistently win 10+ games a year.

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Our real problem is that we need to appeal more to sidewalk fans. I think that will come if we consistently win 10+ games a year.
Atlanta is a fair weather bandwagon town. If we continue on the trajectory we are on, I can see us selling out a lot more often.

Either way, I'll be supporting our team as much as I can, even if I'm 2500 miles away. I think I'm going to see if I can convert my local bar into a tech bar. The bartenders know me pretty well so I don't think they'll need a lot of convincing.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Nicole has moved on and the ticket office won't give me go zone season tickets. Sadly, I guess I am going to get kennesaw state tickets this year. This is pretty stupid for them to do, as the home scheule will not be good next year and I will renew KSU tickets and I guess I am going to e their sidewalk fan. Really sad as I have been a tech fan for over 30 years. Maybe KSU will be fun too

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Nicole has moved on and the ticket office won't give me go zone season tickets. Sadly, I guess I am going to get kennesaw state tickets this year. This is pretty stupid for them to do, as the home scheule will not be good next year and I will renew KSU tickets and I guess I am going to e their sidewalk fan. Really sad as I have been a tech fan for over 30 years. Maybe KSU will be fun too
1 GT game > Lifetime supply of KSU games. As ridiculous as that sounds, it's true. I hope you reconsider.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If they're saving some tickets for the 3 game bundle in the area you want, why not just buy that and then add on the extra games you can make in singles? This kind of seems like a very low hurdle...if this ruins your fanhood of the team was it really that strong to begin with?

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been going to tech games my while life and was at the citrus bowl to see us whip Nebraska. Just not able to spend what they want for tickets and not interested in a 3 game. I wish they would reconsider. I love tech football