Season ticket sales..

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The only time I have ever sat in the upper west stands was when I was a look out for a "stealing the 'T' " event.
(It was cut down, on a rope ready to lower when the campus PD showed up......he almost didn't go up to check, but eventually did at caught the two on the tower. I think I was the only one of about a dozen involved that did not get caught) The punishment at the time for the two caught red handed was cleaning the quad for the next two quarters, and placed permanently on social probation.......and DramaTech was under heavy scrutiny from Dean Dull for a couple of years. :cool:
Channeling your inner Nick Cage were ya?

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I can definitely see the appeal. What about obnoxious visiting fans especially dwags and canes throwin' up da U?

Sat in the upper Upper North during the 2013 UGAg game in a sea of red. If Saint Richt had a trap door under him with a switch activated by fan reaction he would have been gone in the 1st Q. I did have a some feelings of trepidation, but the mutthurt in the first half was also nice to experience firsthand. If we could have blanked the mutts in the fist half of the game, most of the gaggers probably would have left. As it turned out, leaving that game sucked for me.

Sat in what would be 210 Gold Zone seats for Clempson in 2014 and it was mostly GT fans. Several people above me (in the upper reaches) who were wearing orange (some in gold too) were invited to leave early by GTPD. Obviously that entire game went much better. Although the spelling lesson was still too loud the few times they did it.

Part of the reason I bought season tickets this year was to (hopefully) be surrounded by GT fans for most of the games and to have no excuse not to go. Hopefully things will work out.

Since the UGAg tickets are only available as part of a package, there must be many mutt fans buying tickets to GT games they will never attend and depressing the value of those upper Upper North tickets via StubHub. Or it is simply speculators. Now we can turn this thread into a "why did they make the North Stands so big?" discussion.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sat in the upper Upper North during the 2013 UGAg game in a sea of red. If Saint Richt had a trap door under him with a switch activated by fan reaction he would have been gone in the 1st Q. I did have a some feelings of trepidation, but the mutthurt in the first half was also nice to experience firsthand. If we could have blanked the mutts in the fist half of the game, most of the gaggers probably would have left. As it turned out, leaving that game sucked for me.

Sat in what would be 210 Gold Zone seats for Clempson in 2014 and it was mostly GT fans. Several people above me (in the upper reaches) who were wearing orange (some in gold too) were invited to leave early by GTPD. Obviously that entire game went much better. Although the spelling lesson was still too loud the few times they did it.

Part of the reason I bought season tickets this year was to (hopefully) be surrounded by GT fans for most of the games and to have no excuse not to go. Hopefully things will work out.

Since the UGAg tickets are only available as part of a package, there must be many mutt fans buying tickets to GT games they will never attend and depressing the value of those upper Upper North tickets via StubHub. Or it is simply speculators. Now we can turn this thread into a "why did they make the North Stands so big?" discussion.
Surprised to hear that about Clemson fans. Or did 5 o'clock come early for them?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I can definitely see the appeal. What about obnoxious visiting fans especially dwags and canes throwin' up da U?

I'm surrounded by GT fans where I am at. The further up you go, that changes. That being said, I've seen the rest of the stadium during those games, and there are mutts, tigers, and canes spread throughout the stadium. I don't really know that there's any section, other than the student section, where you won't have opposing fans near you. Either too many of our fans sell their seats to opposing fans, or we just aren't getting enough fans to buy season tickets to prevent this.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm surrounded by GT fans where I am at. The further up you go, that changes. That being said, I've seen the rest of the stadium during those games, and there are mutts, tigers, and canes spread throughout the stadium. I don't really know that there's any section, other than the student section, where you won't have opposing fans near you. Either too many of our fans sell their seats to opposing fans, or we just aren't getting enough fans to buy season tickets to prevent this.
Yeah, I had a bunch of Tiggers around me in 224. What really erks me is how long it takes for the stadium to fill up even for big games. It was halfway through the 1st qtr before we reached our attendance figure for the Clemson game. Tons of empties for the wreck and even the kickoff. What gives?

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I had a bunch of Tiggers around me in 224. What really erks me is how long it takes for the stadium to fill up even for big games. It was halfway through the 1st qtr before we reached our attendance figure for the Clemson game. Tons of empties for the wreck and even the kickoff. What gives?
not necessarily that game, but noon kickoffs is one big reason. noon kicks suck.