Season ticket sales..

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are going sideline-upper deck, the Upper East is always better than Upper West. In the highest row of the Upper East you are as close to the field as the lowest row of the Upper West and only slightly higher. IMO the elevation tends to give you the view you are used to from your TV's non-replay views.

Only problem on the east side is the sun being in your face - I remember getting left-side sunburns when we couldn't get under the upper deck in the old student section. The west side will give you an idea where the term 'red neck' came from.

Best seats with no Tech Fund contribution is 222, imo.

I agree if the sun doesn't bother you. Although even the west side gets plenty in September during 12PM games. Anyone used to sitting in the Lower North student section should be plenty used to it though.

Isn't 222 home to several of the ST folks? Or is it 223? At the Miami game I was "blessed" to meet the Czar and some others up there.

Who remembers when the lower east was the student section, frat blocks and band and the seat backs was flash cards?

"Rats on the field...."
"Mixers... get your mixers here...."
"To hell with differentials..."

A$$es on the wood! (for when the game sucked, which it often did back in the middle 80's - it seemed as if there was a frat-rule that they had to stand).

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Who remembers when the lower east was the student section, frat blocks and band and the seat backs was flash cards?

"Rats on the field...."

me except for the band part. The band for me was in the north endzone like it is today....

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I sent them an email and they said I need to sign up for the new alumni group, not student tickets. I think if I wait till I officially enroll again I can get student tickets. I'll go confirm that.
Yes, student tickets are pretty much the same deal whether you are a undergraduate or graduate student.

Athletic fee, season vs free, etc...

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
t

"Rats on the field...."
That's how it was when I started. I watched GT/FSU in 2000 from the 6th row of 123 my freshman year.

Personally, I really enjoy being in the lower west stands as an alumnus. I've sat in 111, 14 rows up, for the past 4 or 5 seasons and it is home. No Tech Fund in that section, no "down in front" types, easy in and out of the stadium, sit with the BBall coach and his recruits a lot of the time, team leaves the field after games right in front. It can be tough to see when they're on the south side of the field, but there's a good view of the screen and when they're on the north side, it is great. The bball recruits usually leave halfway through the game so there is always a lot of room in our section, which is nice.

Animal02

Banned

"Rats on the field...."

Lower east, upper east, and then the north stands were for overflow of students. (back when they were bleachers.
Rats forming the 'T' with the band for the team to enter.

Who remembers the naval armory? that used to be on the corner. I watched them tear it down one summer when I worked for housing painting Glenn dorm.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Lower east, upper east, and then the north stands were for overflow of students. (back when they were bleachers.
Rats forming the 'T' with the band for the team to enter.

Who remembers the naval armory? that used to be on the corner. I watched them tear it down one summer when I worked for housing painting Glenn dorm.
I had classes in there.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Best seats with no Tech Fund contribution is 222, imo. Upper East is high enough to see everything w/o being in the clouds like upper west. If you don't mind paying a little extra start moving toward the center, 225 is at midfield but you pay a hefty tax: $275 per ticket. The best seats in the house, imo, is section 225 row 5 or so, right in the middle of the row. You're even with the press box on the west side from there and right smack in the middle of the field.

Some guys prefer endzone because you can see the play develop and the line splits, but then you're a country mile from the action when the ball is on the other side of the field. The upside is no Tech Fund.

F15_BDS_Seating.jpg

I sit in 215. Love the end zone view. The upside of sitting in the north endzone is the jumbotron. When the action is in the south end of the field, you can see it just fine on the jumbotron. IMO, Gold Zone seats are the way to go.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I sit in 215. Love the end zone view. The upside of sitting in the north endzone is the jumbotron. When the action is in the south end of the field, you can see it just fine on the jumbotron. IMO, Gold Zone seats are the way to go.
I can definitely see the appeal. What about obnoxious visiting fans especially dwags and canes throwin' up da U?

Animal02

Banned
If you are going sideline-upper deck, the Upper East is always better than Upper West. In the highest row of the Upper East you are as close to the field as the lowest row of the Upper West and only slightly higher. IMO the elevation tends to give you the view you are used to from your TV's non-replay views.

The only time I have ever sat in the upper west stands was when I was a look out for a "stealing the 'T' " event.
(It was cut down, on a rope ready to lower when the campus PD showed up......he almost didn't go up to check, but eventually did at caught the two on the tower. I think I was the only one of about a dozen involved that did not get caught) The punishment at the time for the two caught red handed was cleaning the quad for the next two quarters, and placed permanently on social probation.......and DramaTech was under heavy scrutiny from Dean Dull for a couple of years. :cool: