Season Ticket Renewal Has Started

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I haven't bought season tix since 2015. Situation in Atlanta changed so I only come to a couple of games each year now and it is a 6 hour drive for me.
If I buy season tix what are my options. Before I was in 108 and had to pay extra to be in that section. I just want to support the kids in the program because I am less than enthusiastic about our HC.
Do they still require a donation on top of the actual ticket cost. My alum priority is in the 3000's.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Taking this season off until there is a proof of concept on the field. Not going to support the program if we continue down a path of total darkness/3 wins becoming the norm.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
So with out support, how do we improve? How do we get the money to pay a buy-out or hire a new coach?
Booster buy-in. Our support donation-wise for athletics is terrible, we all know it. Ticket sales don't do jack, especially in a 55k stadium that we struggle to fill up even during our best seasons (specifically over the past 20 years). If you think that people like me who are going to hold off on an active time investment into a terrible team will change things drastically, you are mistaken. I'm not a multi millionaire so unfortunately, I can't help you out here.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Tried renewing today and the system wouldn't process. Anyone else have that problem?
Same thing for me. It would let me put in an order, but didn’t credit me for the pre-2/22 discount. I called the ticket office and left a message, but haven’t heard anything yet (it might be closed today for the holiday).

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
1645624567804.png

I'm not smart so IDK how to fix this but it is a big issue with GT athletics right now. The basketball team hasn't played well this year but you would think they would have had some support going into the season that just wasn't there.

Ponte vedra GT

Georgia Tech Fan
It is almost like the NFL , one year in the super bowl , next year fire the coach .
Crazy sports , we did not replace the one and five positions.
So first to worst .

Ponte vedra GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Same thing for me. It would let me put in an order, but didn’t credit me for the pre-2/22 discount. I called the ticket office and left a message, but haven’t heard anything yet (it might be closed today for the holiday).
Now that mention , I agree .

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 12140
I'm not smart so IDK how to fix this but it is a big issue with GT athletics right now. The basketball team hasn't played well this year but you would think they would have had some support going into the season that just wasn't there.
That photo is from at least 2015, if not further back. It’s only gotten worse since then. I think a big problem is that a lot of Tech fans just assume that others will provide support to the programs in place of them, but there are no others. There aren’t hundreds of thousands of us scattered across the state searching for tickets or providing support by buying merch or donating. I think you could take every single Georgia Tech fan who regularly follows the program and we wouldn’t be able to fill up a 80,000 seat stadium. Our baseball team, ranked in the top 20 in the country got outdrawn this weekend by Louisiana Tech and UT Rio Grande Valley and other schools of similar stature. Who even knew UTRGV had a big enough stadium to bring in that many people? A top 20 P5 team in the heart of a major metropolitan area has fewer fans show up than some random mid majors in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah I know baseball isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s about the concept. We filled basically 1/4 of Russ Chandler while much smaller schools in much smaller cities are getting close to 100% capacity with 1,500+ people. Our basketball team struggles to fill 50% of a pretty small arena relative to other P5 schools. I wouldn’t be surprised if the WCU game doesn’t draw 50% of BDS’ capacity. It’s embarrassing for those of us who do care, and do support the programs. And it’s embarrassing for the players to play in front of empty seats and dull crowds. I don’t have the answers for how to fix it, but man do I hope there’s a peak on the other side of this valley. Georgia Tech has too rich a history to go out without a whimper like this.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
That photo is from at least 2015, if not further back. It’s only gotten worse since then. I think a big problem is that a lot of Tech fans just assume that others will provide support to the programs in place of them, but there are no others. There aren’t hundreds of thousands of us scattered across the state searching for tickets or providing support by buying merch or donating. I think you could take every single Georgia Tech fan who regularly follows the program and we wouldn’t be able to fill up a 80,000 seat stadium. Our baseball team, ranked in the top 20 in the country got outdrawn this weekend by Louisiana Tech and UT Rio Grande Valley and other schools of similar stature. Who even knew UTRGV had a big enough stadium to bring in that many people? A top 20 P5 team in the heart of a major metropolitan area has fewer fans show up than some random mid majors in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah I know baseball isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s about the concept. We filled basically 1/4 of Russ Chandler while much smaller schools in much smaller cities are getting close to 100% capacity with 1,500+ people. Our basketball team struggles to fill 50% of a pretty small arena relative to other P5 schools. I wouldn’t be surprised if the WCU game doesn’t draw 50% of BDS’ capacity. It’s embarrassing for those of us who do care, and do support the programs. And it’s embarrassing for the players to play in front of empty seats and dull crowds. I don’t have the answers for how to fix it, but man do I hope there’s a peak on the other side of this valley. Georgia Tech has too rich a history to go out without a whimper like this.
In all fairness, this is both a bonus and minus against GT. In the heart of a megalopolis, there are many things to do and most of the folks are transplants with their own loyalty. In Shreveport or Edinburg there is nothing to do but go and support the main employer of the town. Having a poor attendance ratio is what it is.