Sean McVay

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Would they run the option ?
Not the other two maybe, but Dodd along with Eddie LeBaron at the College of the Pacific, invented the triple option. This board however would hate Lombardi and want him fired. We complain Johnson has only half a dozen. Lombardi had one. The power sweep left, power sweep right. Playside tackle, both guards pull to play side, and the fullback or halfback fills the vacated tackle blocking gap with a block, while the other, generally the slow and unquick Paul Hornung was the runner. And just like Johnson's stuff, they didn't care if the opponent knew it was coming or not. They still couldn't stop it because of the execution. Wait, that is two plays.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think pepper is wanting to coach again . I wonder if he could still ride his motorcycle ?
Last I heard of Rodgers was years ago from a weekly Washington condo poker game which he apparently told with some regularity how good he was.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Does McVay know how to run the flex option? I've read way too many times on here that it's nearly impossible to win with any other system at GT. Hopefully CPJ can act as an offensive consultant for McVay if that ever happens.
Coincidentally (or is it irony) that the offense that McVay ran in HS was an option. Maybe have been true wishbone. His HS was and still is well known for it. In fact McVay may have handed off to Preston Lyons a time or two. Seriously.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Hell lets shoot for the stars, i say we exhume Heisman, Dodd, and Vince Lombardi, get dna samples and then splice them together and manufacture the perfect test-tube coach for GT.
I'm still disappointed our bioengineering department hasn't made headway on this for creating players. then we wouldnt even have to worry about recruiting rankings

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coincidentally (or is it irony) that the offense that McVay ran in HS was an option. Maybe have been true wishbone. His HS was and still is well known for it. In fact McVay may have handed off to Preston Lyons a time or two. Seriously.

Yup.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...and-prep-football-legend-its-coach-sean-mcvay

Cool story. I wonder if he would have come to GT if CPJ was here at the time...CPJ actually recruited him at Navy according to that article. LOTs of things could have changed with that, of course, McVay was well tied into NFL circles through his grandfather so it may have all worked out the same. This is cool:

After it was over, McVay beat out former Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, a Hall of Famer in waiting, for Georgia 4A Offensive Player of the Year, an obscure piece of trivia many will chuckle at today. McVay calls it "more of a team award than anything else, because there's no doubt about it when you were just looking at the recruit. He was a five-star receiver, he was special, and I was not of his caliber."

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
She's been at Indiana for a few years now. She is quite gifted, and is building an impressive career in that world.
There was once a very wealthy North Carolina heir to paper and timber fortunes -- hundreds of thousands of acres of North Carolina timber land and all sorts of paper products -- whose wife was a very good pianist. Her problem was that she was not "gifted", but just real good. Her husband would not be dissuaded, and she got a Carnegie Hall concert (I think I remember correctly). It was panned and people wondered why she was there. Well, he rented the joint for the night.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
There was once a very wealthy North Carolina heir to paper and timber fortunes -- hundreds of thousands of acres of North Carolina timber land and all sorts of paper products -- whose wife was a very good pianist. Her problem was that she was not "gifted", but just real good. Her husband would not be dissuaded, and she got a Carnegie Hall concert (I think I remember correctly). It was panned and people wondered why she was there. Well, he rented the joint for the night.
Opposite of the case here. All she has gotten from her parents is encouragement and the freedom to pursue her gift. I knew Kaitlyn when she was just a teenager. We all knew back then that she had an unusual talent. It's been fun to watch her work hard at this, and to go out of her way to rely on her own merits.

Her father has helped her in one specific way: she has the tenacity and competitive spirit to want to be the best she can be in her field. That has served her well.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Opposite of the case here. All she has gotten from her parents is encouragement and the freedom to pursue her gift. I knew Kaitlyn when she was just a teenager. We all knew back then that she had an unusual talent. It's been fun to watch her work hard at this, and to go out of her way to rely on her own merits.

Her father has helped her in one specific way: she has the tenacity and competitive spirit to want to be the best she can be in her field. That has served her well.
I never intended to suggest otherwise. I saw something somewhere way back when that she was singing in Europe, I think? Got to be pretty good because those foreigners know more about opera than we do.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I never intended to suggest otherwise. I saw something somewhere way back when that she was singing in Europe, I think? Got to be pretty good because those foreigners know more about opera than we do.
Absolutely. Her gig in Prague was prestigious, singing in the same theatre where Mozart debuted that opera back in the 1700's.