Scrimmage update

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Mj had issues pitching that i thought was obvious vs vt. He reminds me of a second basemen that cant throw to first base. Its so mental. Confidence. And he just isn't comfortable it seems. Especially to his left. I really assumed that it was just more pt needed. But not sure now. The last thing this offense needs is no confidence at qb. Talk about turnovers.

That is also why paul is pushing Lj to show some swagger. Potential is there. Dont hold back

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My take on the scrimmage is that the team looked like they have had 1 of 4 weeks of practice. The offense wasn't crisp, and the defense wasn't perfect. I don't think I would expect anything else. If they only needed 1 week of practice to be game ready, then the NCAA wouldn't allow 4 weeks. I am confident that with more practice, the team play will improve. I'm not going to attempt to predict any of the positions, because I don't have enough information to make such predictions.

I left at about 10:30, so I didn't see the last 30 minutes. While I was watching, some of the players made very good individual plays. Camp(I believe) and Howard both had some very good catches, both having to dive and adjust their bodies in order to make them. Howard had some very good runs taking defenders with him for several yards. Jones had some exciting plays, both running and escaping rushers to set up the very open pass. There were probably some linemen and A backs that made very good blocks on offense, and plenty of defenders that made very good plays too, but I tend to concentrate on the ball, and can't take in all of the other action.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
CPJ seemed genuinely surprised at the QB play, but not bothered. I think he probably knows who he is gonna start vs UT.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Man, Lucas and Jay sure get some polarizing reactions. Some think Lucas looks good while Jay not as good, and vice versa. I think it's a litmus test on what kind of QB certain fans prefer.

I happen to be a Jay man myself but to each his own. Oh boy, an old fashioned quarterback controversy/race to start fall camp. TM had the best day and from what I have seen from spring practice he strikes me as the closest to being a prototypical triple option quarterback. He is fast, slippery, and not afraid to make the pitch. Jay is my man for the future because he seems to have more natural athletic ability than any quarterback in the Johnson era. IMHO

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoops - except for clemson.
Lol, yes. Dare I say, clem has become alabamaesqe on that side of the ball. I think we have a shot to be better this year as well. Biggest ? is replacing PJ's production, at least in my observation. If we can get just a little to the good side of middle of the pack, I'll think we will have something.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said the Abacks were not really involved in the game today. You guys say MJ was afraid to pitch yet no similar criticism of the others. So tell me how were the Abacks not involved if 3 of the 4 qb's were successfully pitching all over the field?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said the Abacks were not really involved in the game today. You guys say MJ was afraid to pitch yet no similar criticism of the others. So tell me how were the Abacks not involved if 3 of the 4 qb's were successfully pitching all over the field?
It's all about what's there, the other QB's might not have had the pitch there. It's been said by many on her that MJ was being yelled at by CPJ saying pitch the ball.