Schedule

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty crazy how difficult our remaining schedule is... #2, #5, #13 and #16 on the schedule. Plus Duke who won't be a pushover on the road.

What's interesting is that I believe this team (with a healthy O line) can beat any of those teams... so the potential is there for a special, special year... but with some bad breaks we could go 5-6 or 6-5 very easily.

In order to get to the top we must play and beat good teams. Looks like we have four solid opportunities. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
In CPJ's 9 full years here, it seems like we have gotten better as the year progressed most of the time. 2010 we started bad (Kansas??!!?!) and really went downhill after Nesbitt got hurt at VT. In 2011, we began 6-0 IIRC, but the schedule was really backloaded, and we regressed. The other years, we usually played better the second half, even in 2015 with all the injuries. If that trend continues, the offense we've seen to date is as bad as it gets. Clean up the fumbles, and what is there not to like? Put yourself in PJ's place for the month of September. What are you concerned about on offense? Has to be QB and BB. The other positions were pretty well known quantities. What plays has PJ been calling most often? Dives and QB follows. Who's been getting the most carries and most yards by far? QB and BB. Marshall and Jeune seem to be getting in sync. Cottrell has been worked steadily into the rotation as has Quaide and Howard. Get the OL healthy, and I suspect PJ is ready to open up the play book. Searcy and Lynch have to feel like forgotten men, but probably not for much longer. Death marches are back, MJ seems to be ready to help out, OL has had the ACC Lineman of the week three times. PJ takes the wraps off in two weeks. Offensively, I think PJ has the team right where Preseason-PJ would have wanted them to be heading into the Miami game.

We've seen it numerous times since PJ has been here. When this thing is in sync, it can eat the heart of really good defenses and cause really good offenses to atrophy on the sidelines. I saw some leaves changing on my drive to the stadium Saturday morning.