Scarred of UGA

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
CPJ's damage is primarily the 2019 season and part of the 2020 season. Everything else is Collins fault. We had Jahmyr Gibbs and couldn't win more than 3 games. CPJ would take the 2021 team to a bowl.
Evidently the damage from CPJ extended through the 4th game of the 2022 season. Fortuitously for CBK the damage ended right when he was being named interim coach.

Last edited:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
A Geoff Collins team unprepared to face its opponent?
Stop the presses!!!!

All Jordan did was reinforce that we waited too late to fire him. Hope enjoys the millions he got - but never earned - in his ridiculous buyout. Hope his agent is taking his cut of that, because he's the one who earned it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
CPJ's damage is primarily the 2019 season and part of the 2020 season. Everything else is Collins fault. We had Jahmyr Gibbs and couldn't win more than 3 games. CPJ would take the 2021 team to a bowl.
No, Collins owns all the damage.
PJ didn't lose to The Citadel. And he also never got shut out at home by a Va Tech team that wound up canning its coach eventually. PJ never lost to Fuente. His successor never beat Fuente, and Fuente got fired.

And once again, I'll play the cupboard game. Here's what PJ left YKW....
An entire starting offensive line (6-1, 260 my butt. Quinney damn sure wasn't 6-1 and Cooper and Hansen damn sure weren't 260. For Quinney, he might have ended the season closer to 260, but that's because it's hard to keep weight - when you're running downfield all the time to pulverize DBs. But I digress...)
Two 4 star QBs. Yates and Graham.
Four star DBs in Kaleb Oliver, Tre Swilling, Gentry Bonds, Jaylon King,
Four-star LB in Bruce Jordan-Swilling
Four-star OLB/DE in Justice Dingle
(Rivals called them four stars. Got a problem with their rating? Call Rivals. Or the coaches who failed to develop them. But somebody thought they were pretty good).That's eight four-star guys. In addition to:
Future pro RB in Jordan Mason.
Future pro DBs in Tariq Carpenter and Juanyeh Thomas.
Plus Charlie Thomas, Dontae Smith, Jordan Domineck .....
I left out Brandon Adams, who I thought had NFL potential, because what happened wasn't YKW's fault.

Once again, the reign of error that was YKW was shown to be just that and even worse than we could have thought.

slugboy

Staff member
homer simpson mess GIF

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yates is a fine example of what we missed when Paul retired. Remember Paul's two prayers:

"Please, Dear Lord, send me another Adrian Peterson."
And The Lord sent him Dedrick Mills. And Tech defied The Lord and threw Mills out.

"Please, Dear Lord, send me another Ricky Dobbs."
And The Lord (muttering under His breath "Wasn't Justin Thomas enough?") sent him Jordan Yates.

In the spread option Yates would have been, imho, dy-no-mite. He had all the tools and might have been as good as Thomas with a year or so under his belt. He also had an "OK, let's get this thing won." attitude about games. Anyone who saw the Milton -- Colquitt game his senior year knows what I mean: he simply willed his squad to a win against a stronger opponent.

I'm really sorry that Jordan never got to play in the offense he was recruited for. Oth, he's certainly right about the Ugag D in 21. Those guys were awesome.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Do y'all think recruiting stars matter? Just wondering out loud here and was curious if anyone here had given this any thought?
In and of themselves, no, they don't.
Applied to any single recruit, they can be wildly inaccurate.
But overall and applied to a group of recruits, they are a fair indicator of talent. Whether that talent fits a team's needs is another matter.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
When their 240lb TE catches a slant and takes it to the house, outrunning the entire 2ndary untouched with ease, bad angles or not........Being unprepared is just a slice of the inept pie.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
IDK why people still rag on CPJ. CPJ had more handcuffs than Collins did in recruiting. Sad that we have to keep pointing these things out.

Brent Key won more games in a partial season that Collins did in any individual season.

Anyone who defends Collins in the slightest should be banned from Gt swarm. We literally paid him 20 million to beat UNC. He stole from the school I love and people still defend him and feel sorry for him