• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Today's action. So far
IMG_1785.PNG

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hope so, but we all watched the guys quit in the second half last week. That becomes a pattern. Things are going to be tough Saturday. At some point, they are going to have to make a decision. They can fight back and go through the discomfort that follows or they can quit again. Once you quit, it's extremely easy to do it again.

In my opinion, this is the first group in a long time to give up. We could always take pride in the guys fighting until the final horn.

This could be the beginning of bigger problems.
I hope they haven't quit on the coaching staff. If so, it's obviously time to move on.

That kills me to say. I am a Paul Johnson fan, but a bigger GT fan.
Watch in the second half of duke game I saw the offensive blocking fail to adjust. I saw IMO the defense adjust to more passive defense. The players looked slow and confused. What's sad and frighting is how razor thin our margi n of victory is against what was once the bottom quarterile of acc.
My heart says gt 35 uga 24. We fight till we can't play no more!

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
80% of me thinks GT +11 is an absolute lock. 20% of me thinks we'll get blown out.

Two things about Paul Johnson: 1) he loves to outsmart Bud Foster; 2) he knows that he only has to win one game a year to keep most GT fans happy and continue to collect $3 million/year (with benefits).

Did he spend the week before UVa thinking about VT?

Did he spend the week before Duke thinking about the Dwags?

I think so, which is why GT may be an absolute lock against the spread.

There is that nagging thought that this has been a disappointing season, so the team has checked out, and this game will be a rerun of last Saturday.

If we win today and he did that... I'm completely for sacrificing a game if it means beating UGA. Even if it means losing to duke.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am going to pick GT 28 Uga 24. I said this before, going 3-1 vs Uga in the same time frame as going 1-3 against Duke would be the most "Georgia Tech" thing ever. I think this would surpass beating Bama and tying ND in what I believe were otherwise winless seasons for us. What other program could pull THIS off? And, we have students at the school and even youmg alums who have never seen the Jackets win in Atlanta. Today is the day. History is made.Go Jackets.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As far as other games today. I would not be the least bit shocked to see Ohio St lose in Ann Arbor. I hate UM as much as Uga but, Coach Khakis needs to win today. He's taking a lot of heat up here for not beating his rivals. Minus a down MSU team last year. That line at 12.5 looks too good not to take. That's a very overrated OSU squad.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As far as other games today. I would not be the least bit shocked to see Ohio St lose in Ann Arbor. I hate UM as much as Uga but, Coach Khakis needs to win today. He's taking a lot of heat up here for not beating his rivals. Minus a down MSU team last year. That line at 12.5 looks too good not to take. That's a very overrated OSU squad.
Michigan isn't that good this season,It wouldn't shock me if OSU won by 20.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What's sad and frighting is how razor thin our margi n of victory is against what was once the bottom quarterile of acc.
Right now, I have no confidence in this team playing Pitt or Syracuse and winning. I know, college football is NOT logical and the transitive property does NOT apply, but frankly, we really haven't won big game all year (I don't count VPI&SU). Just a pessimist I suppose but after the Duke and Virginia games, a lot of the shine has gone off this team defensively. And the offense has seemed one dimensional all year.