Sam Houston State

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen a game but the stats tell me a lot.
Based on scores from teams they played and we've played we should have beaten SHS by 10-12 pts at least.
We got outrebounded AGAIN.Gueye and Ogbanda have GOT to give us better production there.We are not big at guard so either we give up fast break by guards or big guys have got to do better.
The FT shooting by guards has got to get to 60% + or we have NO chance of winning close games .
Got to give credit to the scoring improvement of Lammers and TJ.wow. Q has flipped--to bad shooter good "other" (rebs,asst,def) skill player from a shooter- only skill really in previous yrs--very strange. His improvement in shooting (with Heath coming back) is our best possibility for getting a lot better.
Still don't expect any Conf wins but look interesting at least.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
re q.... my impression is he has issues with focus. he shoots his ft nonchalantly in my opinion and his 3 pointers more often than not are off line. imo the light hasnt gone on for him yet. he can be a much better player than we are seeing.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
re q.... my impression is he has issues with focus. he shoots his ft nonchalantly in my opinion and his 3 pointers more often than not are off line. imo the light hasnt gone on for him yet. he can be a much better player than we are seeing.

er, he's a Sr,either now or never

Q was trying to do a bit too much last night. He needs that Anthony Morrow mentality. Do what you're good at. Find space. Hit 3s
Is he really good at that to? I'm not seeing the good def, or good rebounds. He gets pushed around. He doesn't dive for balls. He gets blown by regularly on def. He can't dribble. His shooting is slightly below avg at best. As bad as they are, play the Mathews. Q has shown what he can't do for you and the little he can.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You're being critical of certain points of Qs game and suggesting Mathews play when CMs deficiencies are the same and more egregious. If you think Qs defense is bad you're not going to be on CMs bandwagon long. You don't sit a senior who is clearly your leader in favor of a kid who is not ready. Q is also averaging 10-7-3-1.5-1.5 a game. He's not shooting well and he's certainly streaky, but CM isn't going to touch that line in Qs 31 minutes.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Q is a classic tweener. He isn't big enough to play a classic for and is it quick enough to play a classic three. His upside is that he can shoot which in my opinion makes him a solid stretch four candidate. As P. said he can rebound and actually rebound better than people give him credit for. If his shooting would come around and he could get a three consistently he could be a big asset to this team. He's not going to get totally overwhelmed by most fours in the ACC. Though he will have trouble with some that want to pound him inside. But I'll take that over watching him get blown by by almost every three in the league.

Whether anybody else could do better I don't know, I don't see them in practice and cJP does. Without his shot though Q is a blac hole on O

You're being critical of certain points of Qs game and suggesting Mathews play when CMs deficiencies are the same and more egregious. If you think Qs defense is bad you're not going to be on CMs bandwagon long. You don't sit a senior who is clearly your leader in favor of a kid who is not ready. Q is also averaging 10-7-3-1.5-1.5 a game. He's not shooting well and he's certainly streaky, but CM isn't going to touch that line in Qs 31 minutes.
You're probably right about Mathews, but Q is more of a liability than anything else. His minutes should be regulated. I think Pastner is using the word leader more for the media than anything else. He is not really any different of a player than his Fr year. He'll have a game or two this year where he hits four or five 3's and that will be his season. He is what he is and that is not a very good basketball player. Better days ahead that I'm confident in.