Sam Houston State

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm anxious to see this game to see if we play better tonight. I really how CJP play the bench more. I think this is Heath final game on suspension. I hope to see Matthews and Ogbonda more tonight. I really think we should go 10 deep this game. Need to get some reserves some playing time before ACC play. Just in case we need them in service time later when our core guys get in foul trouble.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They are currently 149 in Ken Pom - so they should again be a pretty good test. Biggest thing that sticks out is pace - they are 18th nationally in adjusted tempo - they want to run and play fast.
They return all 5 starters and their top 7 scorers from last season and are the pre-season fav in the Southland conference.
Very balanced squad with 10 players avg over 10 mpg and an 11th at 9 mpg.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have three common opponents with very similar results. Our margins were more favorable, but they beat both the teams we beat and lost to Ohio. While we may win by more than ten points, the game should be very competitive.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Ouch. 30 minutes til tip and there are exactly 49 fans in the seats. 12 students. we will never get a top recruit to come here with this kind of support ugh

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Tadric looks so much more confident with his jumper than past years. really nice to see
SHSU has no one to match with Ben. their best D on him was a smaller, quicker guy who fronted him. made it harder for guarda to post feed . with about r mins left, Lammers made a helluva pass out of a double team to Tadric for an open three
Q hit two wide open spot up jumpers. other than that, he's not helping on the offensive end. nice having him for weak side rebounding when we are small

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Tadric looks so much more confident with his jumper than past years. really nice to see
SHSU has no one to match with Ben. their best D on him was a smaller, quicker guy who fronted him. made it harder for guarda to post feed . with about r mins left, Lammers made a helluva pass out of a double team to Tadric for an open three
Q hit two wide open spot up jumpers. other than that, he's not helping on the offensive end. nice having him for weak side rebounding when we are small

Q trying to do too much

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Josh Heath alone equates to 8 wins...watch him be the most improved player in the league.The kid flat out takes care of the ball...I've always liked his offensive decision making.He'll score it next year,something he did late last year.Becoming "the go to guy" for some is a process...Tadric has all the tools...it's just taken him a little time to figure out what a good shot is and when to take it..don't be surprised if he handles the ball more this year and finally finishes.Q could really turn the corner...I predict a major upgrade physically...unwrapping some of his natural gifts of agility and length...we all know he can stroke it from varrying ranges and with the ability to attack the basket? = big senior year.Lammers will not be overmatched by any big in the league...he'll hold his own and then some.I think Jodan Price and Kellen McCormack aren't game breakers by any stretch but have experience and can shoot the ball.Right there you have 4 seniors and 2 juniors...all have played under the brightest lights whether it be in the ACC or on the road against some of the big 10's best...these kids won't be intimidated...maybe even play with a chip.In my eyes this group could be viewed as the nucleus...not an overwhelming one but definitely something to build off of.You add Okogie to the mix...a kid who can play a few positions...is very athletic and talented if he could be better than the scouting services think.We have frontcourt depth with Sly and AD...two unproven kids...both might not be ready...or they might come in and be able to use there physical gifts and be adequate role players.I think AD will actually be the guy who comes out of nowhere and really do a lot of different things for us on both ends and be better offensively than most think.Hopefully Obongba adds some muscle and rim protects.CMat will be a nice player...like Okogie he might be a little better than the scouting services thought...once he fills out all the potential will become more obvious...though he's slender now...he actually has a big frame with long arms...he has no conscious offensively and is confident in his ability.Another guy who could emerge as a big contributor.Justin Moore adds depth in the backcourt...although I think he's a year away from really doing anything...he's game,quick and relatively skilled as a shooter/scorer/distributor...all in all there's a ton of if's and ??? But I have a feeling that this team will equal our performance over the last two years finishing better than most folks think...basically it'll comedown to BC,VT and us at the bottom of a conference where there's no clear powerhouse team throughout the league...we'll be capable of playing with everyone...Will we be able to make enough plays to win...that's the question.

Cmon man.

You sound absolutely ridiculous. We get it, you're a fan and the only way to be a real fan is unbridled optimism.
You know it was coming Pea...Lammers the nation's leading shot blocker IS the best big man in the ACC...and I'm loving that fact together we swarm!!!!

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Q had 10 boards. CPJ said after the game that he should have left Q in the 2nd half of the Ohio game. He said a player from Ohio started to hit 3s in the 2nd half after he took out Q. CPJ said that he was ok with Q not hitting his shots tonight as long as he is rebounding and winning the 50-50 balls. Tonight, Q played the best defense I have seen from him in a long time.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Q had 10 boards. CPJ said after the game that he should have left Q in the 2nd half of the Ohio game. He said a player from Ohio started to hit 3s in the 2nd half after he took out Q. CPJ said that he was ok with Q not hitting his shots tonight as long as he is rebounding and winning the 50-50 balls. Tonight, Q played the best defense I have seen from him in a long time.
I'm a fan of CPJ but I don't think his opinion matters much in this case.