Safety Blitz.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I didn't get to see the game.I saw the stats and heard we blitzed more than usual with safeties making stops..Why was GS 8 for 10 in 3rd down in 2nd half?.

Here is a list of what I saw from afar in the upper N stands::
DL got pushed around
Generally poor LB play
Runners got extra yards after initial contact and they were quick and ran hard, and there were three or four of them
Blitzers whiffed on QB and he was quick and ran well and made us pay for missing him for a loss
Poor overall tackling
Short yardage completions when needed, mostly in the flat or short middle

Many two/three yard plays were turned into 6 yarders.

Fortunately the two safeties made a lot of plays or it would have been a lot worse. Griffin made plays all game and Gray got going in the second half. There were also a few plays made by the CBs. We bled slow but sure and it was painful to watch.

DL got pushed around
Generally poor LB play
Runners got extra yards after initial contact and they were quick and ran hard, and there were three or four of them
Blitzers whiffed on QB and he was quick and ran well and made us pay for missing him for a loss
Poor overall tackling

Fortunately the two safeties made a lot of plays or it would have been a lot worse. Griffin made plays all game and Gray got going in the second half. There were also a few plays made by the CBs. We bled slow but sure and it was painful to watch.
Gray didn't wait till the second half to get going; he was a beast all game. Otherwise, though, I totally agree with you.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
DL got pushed around
Generally poor LB play
Poor overall tackling

thanks, about what I figured