Safety Blitz.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
@Ted Roof
IMG_8067.GIF

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One of my favorite calls today. Sent Mitchell and Griffin. They had someone to pick up Mitchell, but not both of them. Griffin in in a split second. No time for the quarterback to do anything. Often we blitz a single linebacker and the back kept in the backfield to block picks him up. I'd like to see more of that going forward.

Milwaukee

Banned
One of my favorite calls today. Sent Mitchell and Griffin. They had someone to pick up Mitchell, but not both of them. Griffin in in a split second. No time for the quarterback to do anything. Often we blitz a single linebacker and the back kept in the backfield to block picks him up. I'd like to see more of that going forward.

It wasn't Mitchell and Griffin. It was Mitchell, Alford, and Griffin. Center and back picked up both backers, Griffin was turned loose. Great call by Ted.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
olaf-breuning-i-want-more-768x1024.jpg

Seriously, I want Ted heating up the other teams backfield most of the game. The team will give up big plays if he does. Fine. They will also make big plays.

Agreed, but we need to make sure we get the sack when we get back there. We've seen a couple LBs blast through untouched only to whiff on the sack. Those are so frustrating especially when they turn into big gainers the other way.

Roof was in the booth first half, I know for fact. 2nd half maybe he was on the field, you would know better than me.
I don't know about the first half, but I feel pretty sure that was Roof that came running out on the field after Johnson was already there. Of course, begin in the upper deck on the opposite side of the field, maybe it just looked like Roof. I didn't record the game, so I can't check. He has been on the sideline most of this year, unlike the last couple of years.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't get to see the game.I saw the stats and heard we blitzed more than usual with safeties making stops..Why was GS 8 for 10 in 3rd down in 2nd half?.