Running Back Article

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Benson hasn't taken a snap in the new offense, so I would say Benson has a LOT to prove to the new staff. Everyone is starting from ground zero...and Benson still needs to rebound from injury. The new offense probably fits him a lot better than BB, but you still have to prove it on the field.

An interesting tidbit: BJS has been lobbying CGC to play some RB. Kind of a conundrum with him. He may just be our best RB, but from a physical tool standpoint, he's one of our best LBs as well. GT needs impact LBs more than RBs at this point.

He hasn’t lit the world on fire at LB thus far. He played more RB in high school and maybe that is wheee he is mentally more comfortable. He does seem to have a lot of athleticism so I hope we get him settled somewhere and in a position to contribute in a meaningful way.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I believe so. I've seen them use a FB on the goal-line and on 3rd and short plays.

I’d expect us to eventually have some bigger, versatile H-back types who can play a blocking/receiving role out of the backfield as well as flex out wide to a slot/TE spot as needed. Positional versatility seems to be a big point with this staff.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
On the official roster everyone is now listed as a "RB", except Howard and Mason are still listed as BB (and Dante Smith as AB.) Also, neither of them was mentioned in this article. Has there been any news about them? I don't want to over-speculate, but it's odd they're not updated...

Well, Dontae Smith is the back carrying in this post. (99.9% sure, can't read the jersey, but that's his number and he's tagged) So, probably means nothing.