Rule Discussion: Object thrown on court, Technical assessed

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
keep in mind that even without the technical Miss St still had another FT coming. They missed the first of 2. So they had a second as well as a technical.
They hit the technical first and then missed the 2nd of 2.
And so the technical free throw was really just like a makeup free throw for an object flying at him while he was trying to shoot the first free throw. So it was more like a lane violation by the stuffed animal. LOL

Deleted member 2897

And so the technical free throw was really just like a makeup free throw for an object flying at him while he was trying to shoot the first free throw. So it was more like a lane violation by the stuffed animal. LOL

When watching the video, to me the stuffed animal lands behind him well after the shot was taken and missed.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Rule:

Art. 8. Team followers (fans, bands, cheerleaders and mascots associated with
either team) shall not commit an unsportsmanlike act, including, but not limited
to, the following:

a. Using musical instruments, amplified music or artificial noisemakers while
the game is in progress, except timeouts and intermissions;
b. Using laser pointers;
c. Throwing debris on the court after officials’ jurisdiction has begun;
d. Delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly made live or
by preventing continuous play, such as but not limited to, followers entering
the playing court before the player activity has been terminated. When the
delay does not interfere with play, it shall be ignored, or
e. Using profanity or language that is abusive, vulgar or obscene.

Note 1: Before penalizing a follower(s) of a team for violating Rule 10-2.8, the
officials shall have knowledge as to which team’s follower(s) committed the act.

Note 2: When the misconduct of the follower(s) for violating Rule 10-2.8 is
extreme or excessive, such behavior may be penalized by the official requesting
home/contest management to eject from the premises the team follower(s) involved
in the misbehavior. In such a case, a technical foul shall not be assessed.

PENALTY—(Art. 8) One free throw awarded to the offended team. The ball
shall be put back in play at the point of interruption using the procedures
of Rule 7-3.2.

PENALTY—Section 2 Administrative Technical Fouls:
The administrative technical fouls in this section do not apply toward the
team-foul total toward disqualification or ejection.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rule:

Art. 8. Team followers (fans, bands, cheerleaders and mascots associated with
either team) shall not commit an unsportsmanlike act, including, but not limited
to, the following:

a. Using musical instruments, amplified music or artificial noisemakers while
the game is in progress, except timeouts and intermissions;
b. Using laser pointers;
c. Throwing debris on the court after officials’ jurisdiction has begun;
d. Delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly made live or
by preventing continuous play, such as but not limited to, followers entering
the playing court before the player activity has been terminated. When the
delay does not interfere with play, it shall be ignored, or
e. Using profanity or language that is abusive, vulgar or obscene.

Note 1: Before penalizing a follower(s) of a team for violating Rule 10-2.8, the
officials shall have knowledge as to which team’s follower(s) committed the act.

Note 2: When the misconduct of the follower(s) for violating Rule 10-2.8 is
extreme or excessive, such behavior may be penalized by the official requesting
home/contest management to eject from the premises the team follower(s) involved
in the misbehavior. In such a case, a technical foul shall not be assessed.

PENALTY—(Art. 8) One free throw awarded to the offended team. The ball
shall be put back in play at the point of interruption using the procedures
of Rule 7-3.2.

PENALTY—Section 2 Administrative Technical Fouls:
The administrative technical fouls in this section do not apply toward the
team-foul total toward disqualification or ejection.
Thanks for finding this. I tried, and I failed. :(

First of all.. "team followers"... I am more than just a "team follower". I'm offended.

Second, I'm surprised to see this explicitly written, but it supports a point of contention:
For yesterday's game, while it's logical to conclude whose fans brought a frickin' teddy bear to the game AND threw it on the court, was it proven?

I've always been told that the reason for a warning was because a) it's very difficult to prove whose "followers" did it in the time allowed and 2) the warning would discourage "followers" of team A from posing as a "follower" of team B in any future contest.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I've always been told that the reason for a warning was because a) it's very difficult to prove whose "followers" did it in the time allowed and 2) the warning would discourage "followers" of team A from posing as a "follower" of team B in any future contest.

You did this. You forced me to find the video of this.

You can't see the tosser of the toy on the screen but it came from right above a bunch of people wearing their ugly red stuff. It looked pretty obvious that the moron was in a very partisan uga section and that the moron actually did try to hit the shooter with the toy.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
You did this. You forced me to find the video of this.

You can't see the tosser of the toy on the screen but it came from right above a bunch of people wearing their ugly red stuff. It looked pretty obvious that the moron was in a very partisan uga section and that the moron actually did try to hit the shooter with the toy.
So we're all wearing red to the next GT vs uGA game, right?

As long as we have a good FT shooter, I think we can be that 20 ppg scorer we always wanted.

Also need to find a bookie beforehand.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
So we're all wearing red to the next GT vs uGA game, right?

As long as we have a good FT shooter, I think we can be that 20 ppg scorer we always wanted.

Also need to find a bookie beforehand.

Despite evidence to the contrary, I can never accept that we would need to cheat to beat them in basketball. I can't do it. I can't even think about it in a joking manner.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Despite evidence to the contrary, I can never accept that we would need to cheat to beat them in basketball. I can't do it. I can't even think about it in a joking manner.
Think about it as a margin of victory measure?

We can do cats instead of bears.

F1OINn1.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Think about it like an insurance policy, like if you were to die at 40.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just as ugag did during the war years in games they lost to GT (if they didn’t want them to count why did they play them?), gaggers mbb will not count this game vs MSU.