Roster Updates - ATL and Captains #USFvsGT

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
For those players inked in boldface throughout all positions, what does that mean?

Sorry I’m still confused, but it’s kind of strange that there’s only one player listed in boldface ink under the Defensive End chart ... when I thought we had two defensive end starters?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Also kind of baffling is no boldface ink for our punter, Pressley Harvin.

What does he need to do in order for his name to be highlighted in bold?

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
For those players inked in boldface throughout all positions, what does that mean?

Sorry I’m still confused, but it’s kind of strange that there’s only one player listed in boldface ink under the Defensive End chart ... when I thought we had two defensive end starters?

Antwon Owens who started at DE last week moved back to DT.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Maybe Owen started at DE last week and he is slated to play DT this week?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
The word on the street is that they aren’t the same thing. Will see moving forward.

I think a lot of the Defensive guys will remain the same but expect a different look at QB and some of the backs/receivers to start against USF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious what you mean by backs/receivers? Different package to start, or different starters? I assume Davis, Mason, Brown, Carter and Camp are still leading their groups, but idk anything.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Curious what you mean by backs/receivers? Different package to start, or different starters? I assume Davis, Mason, Brown, Carter and Camp are still leading their groups, but idk anything.

Yeah I am predicting we come out with Lucas ready to go to the air. Which would likely have a different personnel grouping. It’s all just a guess though, I don’t have any inside track info.

I just don’t understand the rationale for only giving him that one series last week unless we were saving him for something else.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I am predicting we come out with Lucas ready to go to the air. Which would likely have a different personnel grouping. It’s all just a guess though, I don’t have any inside track info.

I just don’t understand the rationale for only giving him that one series last week unless we were saving him for something else.

It looked like most of the throws were moving pocket or "three step". My fear is that "they are all going to play" is literally a promise, and they didn't the playbook is kinda disjointed as a result. The horizontal, screen/draw, intermediate game must have been deemed to dangerous for Clemson's speed, but ya idk.

On my second watch through, they had some stuff working until Clemson went 8/9 in the box. I really did not like the wide split WRs on the first series; very four corners gimmicky, and it ended up with TO isolated on Simmons too often.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It looked like most of the throws were moving pocket or "three step". My fear is that "they are all going to play" is literally a promise, and they didn't the playbook is kinda disjointed as a result. The horizontal, screen/draw, intermediate game must have been deemed to dangerous for Clemson's speed, but ya idk.

On my second watch through, they had some stuff working until Clemson went 8/9 in the box. I really did not like the wide split WRs on the first series; very four corners gimmicky, and it ended up with TO isolated on Simmons too often.

Simmons changed the whole trajectory of the game IMO. Oliver will do much better (if he gets another chance) against SF.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Bold just means who started the prior week. Harvin is probably not highlighted was in error vs intentional

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Simmons changed the whole trajectory of the game IMO. Oliver will do much better (if he gets another chance) against SF.

That guy has NFL superstar written all over him. I hope he stays healthy and goes this year if possible.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

This aged well..

Thus ends my #LookAtMePost