Roster updated

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Whitehead small DE at 209
Waller 6'5" 241 is beast at WR didn't he play at like 210/215 last year?
OL G 294, C 302, G 300 is nice

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Seeing Freddie Burden at 302 is a pleasant surprise. I had been previously been seen as a guy who was suer athletic for a lineman, but maybe a little light in the pants. 302 is PLENTY big for a center, particularly if he kept his speed/quickness.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
How about Jabari, 6'3" 261? Sounds like his body agrees with the move to DE. I wish he was playing this year, but think about next year at DE when we'll have JHD and Whitehead to go with the guys playing this year. DE is going to get real deep, real fast.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Perkins listed at BB and Terrell Lewis at DL interested me

Perkins still listed as AB but 3 others seem to be errors? Gardner DE should be DT? Lewis DL should be OLB? Simmons DL should be WDE? Got 3 players walk-on help at DB all over 6 ft. Devine listed at 365 is a surprise along with Whitehead at 209. Twins have beefed up. Good looking roster. Just need some more big DTs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Perkins still listed as AB but 3 others seem to be errors? Gardner DE should be DT? Lewis DL should be OLB? Simmons DL should be WDE? Got 3 players walk-on help at DB all over 6 ft. Devine listed at 365 is a surprise along with Whitehead at 209. Twins have beefed up. Good looking roster. Just need some more big DTs.

Fwiw, I think your last sentence explains Simmons and Lewis. Terrell is my favorite player from this class, and he can play anywhere. Where they play on the scout team isn't our biggest concern.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How about Jabari, 6'3" 261? Sounds like his body agrees with the move to DE. I wish he was playing this year, but think about next year at DE when we'll have JHD and Whitehead to go with the guys playing this year. DE is going to get real deep, real fast.

Jabari is working hard....have to give him that. Looking to turn a negative into a positive.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
yeah that was a mistake on my part. I'm not sure about the other three though

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
It doesn't look like we'll have much of a dl on the scout team

Scout team? I'm concerned about game day. Man, I knew we were thin at DL but only seeing six names (2 freshman) listed was a slap of reality. Gotsis has gotta stay healthy. Pray Green doesn't continue to be snakebit by injuries. Hope Kallon's "light" stays on and Gamble steps up. Gonna need them.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Whitehead small DE at 209
Waller 6'5" 241 is beast at WR didn't he play at like 210/215 last year?
OL G 294, C 302, G 300 is nice
No, he just played LIKE he was 210. I'm pretty sure he was 225 or heavier. I desperately want to see him body up on a defender and snatch a contested jump ball away. We haven't seen that yet. Here is hoping.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
yeah waller was easily 230 last year. He hasn't been all in....you can see it on tape. Even if he has a massive breakout year and catches for 1000 yards, his prior 3 will catch up to him if he is considered a NFL prospect

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
yeah waller was easily 230 last year. He hasn't been all in....you can see it on tape. Even if he has a massive breakout year and catches for 1000 yards, his prior 3 will catch up to him if he is considered a NFL prospect

I agree with you 100% on his commitment. But, the NFL is so "what have you done for me lately" and caught up in "measureables" if he has a blowout year and impresses at the combine I doubt most teams would care about the past few years.