Roster numbers/ Transfers

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Comment on JA--I thougth he would be a starter by JR yr but at least be a spec teams phenom.He blocked several kicks in hi school

He’s had flashes. I think some injuries kept him from being what he could have been.

Deleted member 2897

I am never putting actual players names - especially when it’s just my speculation. More of the names you filled in were right than wrong. But again that was just my 2 cents anyway.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
With 8 EEs we can sign a lot more than 25, am I wrong? Not saying we're going to do so, but what will we do with all those left over EEs? Use them for the 2021 class and have a monster class number next year?
They can use as many against last year's class as there is room to 25. The rest will count towards this year. My understanding is there was space for 3 on last year's class, so 4 of the EE's (Gowdy's not coming early anymore), will count against this year's class. That means we could potentially sign 28 this year if there was room on the 85-man roster.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
JC Jalen Camp?
LJ Lucas Johnson
JG James Graham
JY Jordan Yates
JH Jerry Howard
PH Peje Harris
JA Jaytlin Askew
SD Stephen Dolfus
CM Christian Malloy
DC ????
WW Wesley Walker
TA Tad Aycock
LJ Luke Johns
MM Mathew Morgan
AS Avery Showell
HJ Harrison Jump
CC Christaian Cambell....He is a Senior

I don't see Camp leaving and wouldn't want him to. Jerry Howard is another one.
Showell played a lot this season and seems solid for next season's DB group IMO.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Showell played a lot this season and seems solid for next season's DB group IMO.

Above the live but running with the third safety group I believe. Moved into the second group when we had injuries. Also adding in Derrick Allen who some think may push carp or juanyeh as to run with first group of safeties. A lot of depth back there

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
JC Jalen Camp?
LJ Lucas Johnson
JG James Graham
JY Jordan Yates
JH Jerry Howard
PH Peje Harris
JA Jaytlin Askew
SD Stephen Dolfus
CM Christian Malloy
DC ????
WW Wesley Walker
TA Tad Aycock
LJ Luke Johns
MM Mathew Morgan
AS Avery Showell
HJ Harrison Jump
CC Christaian Cambell....He is a Senior

I don't see Camp leaving and wouldn't want him to. Jerry Howard is another one.
Interesting list. We had some walk-ons (Lay and Ryans) that got more playing time than a couple of scholarship guys. I think Howard stays and I wonder what Oliver is thinking. Off subject, does anyone know how Demetrius Knight is doing?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So with early enrollees and some seniors still in school this semester does that mean we can be above 85 on scholarship until fall practice starts?

Deleted member 2897

JC, LJ, JG, JY, JH, PH, JA, SD, CM, DC, WW, TA, LJ, KC, JL, MM, AS, HJ, CC

Note again, this is just pure speculation of folks to keep an eye on because they're graduating before fall, have been injured a lot, aren't in the 2/3-deep, etc.

LJ has spent years seemingly rehabbing - great young man who got his degree. I hope a change of scenery brings with it a better stroke of luck.