Roster numbers/ Transfers

So if this belongs in recruiting I will follow it there. So I saw where a Miami DT is in the transfer portal and we may have an interest in him. We have 23 recruits and looking to add more. I know we don't have this many available scholarships so does anyone here in the know have any insight on how we end up with 85 scholarship players.

Any updates on transfers?

Deleted member 2897

So if this belongs in recruiting I will follow it there. So I saw where a Miami DT is in the transfer portal and we may have an interest in him. We have 23 recruits and looking to add more. I know we don't have this many available scholarships so does anyone here in the know have any insight on how we end up with 85 scholarship players.

Any updates on transfers?

20 signed, 2 that are likely blueshirts (Albany Casey and Cade Kootsouris) and 1 more that will hopefully sign (Gibbs). Ryan Johnson is transferring in. That's a max of 22 if Gibbs signs (scholarship wise). We have a pretty decent handful of guys who will graduate by next fall and may choose to move on. We have a pretty decent handful of guys who have spent most of their career at Georgia Tech injured, and now we're running a completely different system that may not fit their skillset and they may choose to move on. And then of course you have the more traditional transfers - I wouldn't be surprised if we had 5 or 6 of those by spring. Last year we made a list of 12-14 folks that fit this type of breakdown and like 80% of the guys who left were on our list. So you can pretty easily predict this stuff if you want to spend a few minutes and sort through the roster, 2 deep, injury news, and what-not. I wouldn't be surprised if we take another 2-4 guys.

Folks I would keep an eye on are JC, LJ, JG, JY, JH, PH, JA, SD, CM, DC, WW, TA, LJ, KC, JL, MM, AS, HJ, CC

You can also scroll back through participation reports to see who is starting and/or playing over time: https://data.ramblinwreck.com/stats/football/2019/indgbg.htm#IGBG.PLY

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Definitely keep your eyes on Jesus Christ.
I might have to change my old handle on the Rivals Free Board, Buzzforlife.
I will have to follow Jesus if He Transfers out of Tech. He should have eternal eligibility.
We will never beat the Mutts again.

Stech 81 might leave beer for wine. Scratch that. Will never happen.

20 signed, 2 that are likely blueshirts (Albany Casey and Cade Kootsouris) and 1 more that will hopefully sign (Gibbs). Ryan Johnson is transferring in. That's a max of 22 if Gibbs signs (scholarship wise). We have a pretty decent handful of guys who will graduate by next fall and may choose to move on. We have a pretty decent handful of guys who have spent most of their career at Georgia Tech injured, and now we're running a completely different system that may not fit their skillset and they may choose to move on. And then of course you have the more traditional transfers - I wouldn't be surprised if we had 5 or 6 of those by spring. Last year we made a list of 12-14 folks that fit this type of breakdown and like 80% of the guys who left were on our list. So you can pretty easily predict this stuff if you want to spend a few minutes and sort through the roster, 2 deep, injury news, and what-not. I wouldn't be surprised if we take another 2-4 guys.

Folks I would keep an eye on are JC, LJ, JG, JY, JH, PH, JA, SD, CM, DC, WW, TA, LJ, KC, JL, MM, AS, HJ, CC

You can also scroll back through participation reports to see who is starting and/or playing over time: https://data.ramblinwreck.com/stats/football/2019/indgbg.htm#IGBG.PLY
JC Jalen Camp?
LJ Lucas Johnson
JG James Graham
JY Jordan Yates
JH Jerry Howard
PH Peje Harris
JA Jaytlin Askew
SD Stephen Dolfus
CM Christian Malloy
DC ????
WW Wesley Walker
TA Tad Aycock
LJ Luke Johns
MM Mathew Morgan
AS Avery Showell
HJ Harrison Jump
CC Christaian Cambell....He is a Senior

I don't see Camp leaving and wouldn't want him to. Jerry Howard is another one.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
JC Jalen Camp?
LJ Lucas Johnson
JG James Graham
JY Jordan Yates
JH Jerry Howard
PH Peje Harris
JA Jaytlin Askew
SD Stephen Dolfus
CM Christian Malloy
DC ????
WW Wesley Walker
TA Tad Aycock
LJ Luke Johns
MM Mathew Morgan
AS Avery Showell
HJ Harrison Jump

WW = Wesley Wells. MM = Maye or Minihan. TA = Tony Amerson. DC = David Curry. CC = Charlie Clark

Not my opinions on anyone, just lining up initials

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
With 8 EEs we can sign a lot more than 25, am I wrong? Not saying we're going to do so, but what will we do with all those left over EEs? Use them for the 2021 class and have a monster class number next year?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I might have to change my old handle on the Rivals Free Board, Buzzforlife.
I will have to follow Jesus if He Transfers out of Tech. He should have eternal eligibility.
We will never beat the Mutts again.

Stech 81 might leave beer for wine. Scratch that. Will never happen.
No I'll stay with beer all I. Could think so all the J were players named joe and remembering people says will need more joes

stech81

Helluva Engineer
JC Jalen Camp?
LJ Lucas Johnson
JG James Graham
JY Jordan Yates
JH Jerry Howard
PH Peje Harris
JA Jaytlin Askew
SD Stephen Dolfus
CM Christian Malloy
DC ????
WW Wesley Walker
TA Tad Aycock
LJ Luke Johns
MM Mathew Morgan
AS Avery Showell
HJ Harrison Jump

Matthew Morgan is a walk on his brothers were not.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Don’t think Askew is going anywhere. Will probably be the senior leader this year a la CC last year.