Roster News...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks all. Attached is my listing of 41 players who appear likely to be going for the 35 roster spots.

17 possible pitchers. Wow. Later I'll do a post on "The Arms 2020".

I still think the first half of the year is going to be rough but hope we'll come together for the second half. We are very young - 21 FR and 5 So. And of the 15 upperclassmen, some won't make the roster or play much. 2021 should be like last year where we are stacked with experience.

Attachments

• Fall Ball Players & Roster 30 Oct 19.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 54

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Thanks all. Attached is my listing of 41 players who appear likely to be going for the 35 roster spots.

17 possible pitchers. Wow. Later I'll do a post on "The Arms 2020".

I still think the first half of the year is going to be rough but hope we'll come together for the second half. We are very young - 21 FR and 5 So. And of the 15 upperclassmen, some won't make the roster or play much. 2021 should be like last year where we are stacked with experience.
I'm with you on struggling early. We are old in the position player department, but it looks like 2 freshmen will be starting with about 3 or 4 others seeing some playing time or maybe playing in platoons. It takes pitchers longer to get adjusted, so I think that we'll look a lot like FSU last year. We'll struggle out of the gate and then get it going in the second half more towards the ACC tournament.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you on struggling early. We are old in the position player department, but it looks like 2 freshmen will be starting with about 3 or 4 others seeing some playing time or maybe playing in platoons. It takes pitchers longer to get adjusted, so I think that we'll look a lot like FSU last year. We'll struggle out of the gate and then get it going in the second half more towards the ACC tournament.

I'm hoping that our new pitching coach can accelerate our pitching development. He was the minor league pitching coordinator for the Yankees, so he knows how to develop players across all developmental levels. I believe he was with the Yankees in some position for almost 20 years. And Maxwell was drafted by the Yankees but decided to come to Tech, so perhaps Borrell has prior insight into what he can/needs to do better to maximize his potential. As a diehard Tech baseball fan, one can only hope!

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I read this today:
"Other notable returning arms include lefthanders Will Shirah, Joseph Mannelly and Brant Hurter plus righty Hugh Chapman. Those four all fall into the “wild card” category as they work their way back from injuries. Shirah had some bone spurs removed from his elbow and hasn’t thrown yet this fall. Chapman was up to 94 earlier in the fall before getting shut down for a time with shoulder tendinitis, but Hall said he’s back throwing again now. Mannelly is expected to be ready to go when spring practice starts in February, but Hurter is most likely to miss all of 2020 while working his way back from Tommy John surgery, though there’s at least a chance he’s back in action when May rolls around."