Roll call for Toe meets leather 9-1

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I started my youngest daughter when she was 7 with the 2004 Champ Sports Bowl in Orlando. Even though we were living in Gainesville, FL, she had easily spent more time on the Tech campus than the UF campus by the time she graduated from High School. She just started her senior year at Tech and already has a job offer from the company she interned with this past summer.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I'll be there. Just like for the last 24 (?) years. With son and granddaughter.

She's four; you can't start them soon enough, imho.
Just curious, what does a 4 yr old do in one tiny spot for 3+ hours? No, she doesn't watch the game, so don't go there. We used to tailgate with the whole family when our kids were small, but then an Auntie who didn't go to the game would take them home when we went to the stadium. Best of both worlds, imo, the kids experienced all the pregame festivity and then didn't pester us during the game. When they started asking, "when can we go to the game," did we start to consider it.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, what does a 4 yr old do in one tiny spot for 3+ hours? No, she doesn't watch the game, so don't go there. We used to tailgate with the whole family when our kids were small, but then an Auntie who didn't go to the game would take them home when we went to the stadium. Best of both worlds, imo, the kids experienced all the pregame festivity and then didn't pester us during the game. When they started asking, "when can we go to the game," did we start to consider it.

I actually like that a lot. It creates mystery. So once they do go in, it's a huge deal. Like wow, mom and dad took me to the tech game. It's a special day.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck

A bit of indirect insight: my wife appreciates the skyline and the dippin dots, and frequently doesn't stay for the whole game.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20180828_162744.png
BRING ON SOME GT FOOTBALL! !

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On the four year old:

She actually came to her first game with my son when she was 2. That was actually very funny. She was quiet as a mouse throughout (yep, she stayed for the whole game) with a look on her face that clearly said, "Ok, there are a lot of adults here who obviously think this is important in some way, but, seriously, Dad, WTH?"

Since she has become more serious about a) cheering for Tech ("Go Georgia Tech!") in her kid size cheerleader outfit and b) getting frozen lemonade and popcorn. She and the son usually leave at the half and get an Uber home; as she has gotten older, she's gotten less patient. If the little sister (3) is along, they sometimes leave earlier. They're a hoot while they last, however, and a big hit with the women in our section ("Where're Maggie and Laura?").

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I'll be there. Just like for the last 24 (?) years. With son and granddaughter.

She's four; you can't start them soon enough, imho.

Took my son to his first GT game when he was 4. I can't say he watched the entire game, but he was certainly no trouble either. I had fun teaching him the rules of the game, all the cheers and what to watch for. He particularly loved trying to get in rhythm with the Budweiser song. I don't know if he perfectly remembers the experience, but he does have a positive feeling about his daddy and GT football.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Won’t be at the game (kinda hard living a solid 4+ hour flight away), but will be streaming the game at my camper up in Vermont getting rowdy as all hell. There’s a local brewery I may hit up pre-game to get a couple fresh growlers too, but I’m gonna have to figure out a good gameday snack (maybe some wings cooked over the fire).
My family has our minds right, though...the other day we were driving down for family dinner at MIL’s house and my girls were in the back seat going back and forth with “what’s the good word?” and “to hell with Georgia!” Keep in mind these girls are 3 and 2. That’s raising them right!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I'll be there in the South Endzone student section. Bringing my girlfriend for her first college football experience (she went to SCAD). She's possibly more excited than I am and dropped a good bit of cash on GT gear! She's all in and is even trash talking. Gonna be a blast teaching her all of the traditions and cheers.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll be there in the South Endzone student section. Bringing my girlfriend for her first college football experience (she went to SCAD). She's possibly more excited than I am and dropped a good bit of cash on GT gear! She's all in and is even trash talking. Gonna be a blast teaching her all of the traditions and cheers.
That's awesome!