Roddy Jones Says It All

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
You obviously did not listen to Roddy's commentary.
I get a lot of times, people just spout off stream of consciousness style posts, but I am struggling with the lack of comprehension when folks respond to what others write. He's obviously not talking about the podcast, but the article. A guy responded to my post and said something similar. It was all in good fun and I do understand that there's not a lot of "liberal arts" guys here, but come on dudes. Kidding of course, Brother...

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Ah, I too did time in the corporate world. Reminds me of some of the following gems:

A committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing, but who, as a group, can meet and decide that nothing can be done. Fred Allen

If you want to kill any idea in the world, get a committee working on it. Charles Kettering

A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours. Milton Berle

If Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be at the dock. Arthur Goldberg

;)
Priceless. My personal favorite:

A camel is a horse built by a committee.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Without a committee you hire a guy who wins 3 games a year and your only other interviewee was fired part way through the next season and was unemployed until last year 😐

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for sharing. Just listened to this and thought Roddy did a great job voicing the mood of the fans. Love the brutal honesty and passion. Gonna go watch replays of 2008 uga game again to see Roddy torch those dwags.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Without a committee you hire a guy who wins 3 games a year and your only other interviewee was fired part way through the next season and was unemployed until last year 😐
Yep.

In all seriousness, people who don’t like committees are people who’ve never served on a good one. The hardest committees to chair are ones in which most of the members have never served on a good working committee. Those members just don’t want to be there and can sabotage things, often in passive aggressive ways, making everyone else’s experience miserable. Winning those members over takes patient, masterful leadership. But a poor committee chair is like a poor coach, they will never get the level of buy-in that is needed from everyone to make the process work.

But a good committee is a joy to behold and one of the more satisfying experiences you can have in life. The easiest analogy is a good committee is like a good football team. Everyone has a role to play, each team member brings different strengths, if one player has a set back the rest of the team rushes in to support by giving extra effort, and the final output is the very definition of teamwork -with the total output being greater than the sum of the parts.

I could write pages about what happens in dysfunctional committees. They can be like a badly coached team in which everything that can go wrong is an on-going likelihood and no matter how the PR people spin it, the stated purpose of the committee never happens.