Roddy Jones leaving GT

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well … rats.

For Tech fans, that is. For Roddy, it's a great step up and a good recognition of his increasing skills as an analyst. He'll be calling the big ones soon, just you wait.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Would not be surprised to see Sean Bedford take Roddy's spot. He was a sideline guy for our in-house broadcast.

Congrats to Roddy! Really polished guy in the booth, and a great representative for GT. Hope he goes on to do great things.

Bedford is a patent lawyer in town. While I'm sure he likes being on the sideline for games, I doubt he puts in the work to be an announcer in addition to his day job.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Bedford is a patent lawyer in town. While I'm sure he likes being on the sideline for games, I doubt he puts in the work to be an announcer in addition to his day job.

Roddy Jones held down a full time job at AT&T while working for ESPN3 doing baseball work, and GT being a member in the booth.

Bedford spent all of college being a full time Aerospace Engineering student, and a football player at the highest level. You may want to let Bedford decide whether he wants to put in the work to do something he enjoys doing, for an institution he has a bleeding heart for.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Roddy Jones held down a full time job at AT&T while working for ESPN3 doing baseball work, and GT being a member in the booth.

Bedford spent all of college being a full time Aerospace Engineering student, and a football player at the highest level. You may want to let Bedford decide whether he wants to put in the work to do something he enjoys doing, for an institution he has a bleeding heart for.

Your condescending post notwithstanding, Bedford already decided, that's why he spent 3 years in law school at Florida and now works for a top flight patent firm. With all due respect to Roddy, his AT&T job is not the same as patent litigation. I'm also a patent lawyer. We get paid, but we also put in hours (since that's how we make money for our firms). A "full time" job at AT&T is probably about half the hours of a "full time" patent gig.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Your condescending post notwithstanding, Bedford already decided, that's why he spent 3 years in law school at Florida and now works for a top flight patent firm. With all due respect to Roddy, his AT&T job is not the same as patent litigation. I'm also a patent lawyer. We get paid, but we also put in hours (since that's how we make money for our firms). A "full time" job at AT&T is probably about half the hours of a "full time" patent gig.

I wasn't being condescending, I was just pointing out the obvious: You may want to let Bedford decide what he wants to do since, you know, it's his life.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
How hard can it be writing patents of nobility?

E3856_0036.jpg

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I typically listen to GT radio through Tunein.com here in Chicagoland.
AE 87, planning on being in Chicago the weekend we play ND. Where can I go to get info on train trips from Chicago to South Bend. All charted seem to be sold out, or they don't want any Tech fans on board! Thanks for any unfo.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
AE 87, planning on being in Chicago the weekend we play ND. Where can I go to get info on train trips from Chicago to South Bend. All charted seem to be sold out, or they don't want any Tech fans on board! Thanks for any unfo.

I don't know.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wonder what Randy Waters' role will be. Will he be sideline guy or will he be shotgun next to Brandon?

Please keep him over on the basketball side since listenership should be down again.

I keep thinking he will get better over the years, it never happens. A nice guy, but he never played football. After Kim King, Rick Strom and Roddy Jones, we need the same background with insight as before. If Bedford wants to stay on the sideline, that would be fine with me. Waters was horrible doing Falcon Exibition games, unless the volume was muted!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I think this is the first segment done by Roddy for the ACC Network. He presents who he thinks are the top 4 running backs in the ACC. He really is very well spoken and I hope to see him take on more segments.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I typically listen to GT radio through Tunein.com here in Chicagoland.
Side comment. Boston and Chicago are 2 great cities. I miss living in the Boston area and my wife and I have loved our visits to Chicago. Nothing to do with nothing but I love seeing where Tech fans live.