Roddy Jones leaving GT

Roddy did a good job at broadcasting but to me he didn't have that "radio voice". I think we can find someone that can do just as good but with more of radio voice!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Roddy did a good job at broadcasting but to me he didn't have that "radio voice". I think we can find someone that can do just as good but with more of radio voice!
By that you mean that flat Johnny Carson Everyman thing? The favorite of TV and radio forever?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No, yours? smh

I'm not really interested in getting into another back-and-forth with bbuzzoff font who takes every difference of opinion as a personal affront.
No, yours? smh

I'm not really interested in getting into another back-and-forth with bbuzzoff font who takes every difference of opinion as a personal affront.
Lol. You're the one with the problem dude. You're the one who said you got frustrated cuz you think I post opinions as facts.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Anyone who can't tell an opinion from a fact is an idiot.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol. You're the one with the problem dude. You're the one who said you got frustrated cuz you think I post opinions as facts.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Anyone who can't tell an opinion from a fact is an idiot.

Thanks. You've made my point. Have a good one.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Since I don't listen to the GT radio broadcasts (living in Boston we're slightly out of range), it's not a big loss for me. It'll sure be nice to see Roddy on the sidelines on our ACC Network games, though, so there's that positive. Kind of like Wes leaving...he got to call a few GT games from the TV booth last year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Since I don't listen to the GT radio broadcasts (living in Boston we're slightly out of range), it's not a big loss for me. It'll sure be nice to see Roddy on the sidelines on our ACC Network games, though, so there's that positive. Kind of like Wes leaving...he got to call a few GT games from the TV booth last year.

I typically listen to GT radio through Tunein.com here in Chicagoland.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I typically listen to GT radio through Tunein.com here in Chicagoland.
I'd love it if they could sync up the radio broadcast to the TV broadcast, then I'd absolutely do it that way. As is, I gotta watch the game. If you know of anyone that mashes up the TV broadcasts and our radio call on youtube or somewhere, I'd be very interested.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen Bedford's post when the NCAA tried to take away our ACC Championship in 2009? That's all you need to know about Bedford. Bedford's career is one of the best GT athlete stories I've had the pleasure of witnessing since I've been a GT fan.
I never said that Bedford didn't, I just made that statement, then went in to say that Bedford seemed a little awkward.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'd love it if they could sync up the radio broadcast to the TV broadcast, then I'd absolutely do it that way. As is, I gotta watch the game. If you know of anyone that mashes up the TV broadcasts and our radio call on youtube or somewhere, I'd be very interested.

I think the TV is typically ahead so if you have a DVR you can just pause it till it syncs up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Nooooooooooooo!!!

Gonna miss him but knew this was coming sooner than later. Was really hoping we would keep him for one more year. He has great knowledge and on screen chemistry. Good for him. He will have a very successful career.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
hoping Synjyn gets a chance to work as part of the broadcast team if the NFL doesn't give him another try and I believe some team will retrieve him... but would love to hear Synjyn say again "We're going to Charlotte!".

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm planning on trying to do just that this season.