Roddy Jones leaving GT

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It was great to have such a homer in the booth, just I suppose this is an opportunity he couldn't pass up if his goal is TV sports commentary.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here's the official announcement:

http://raycomsports.com/acc-network...tball-katie-witham-and-roddy-jones-join-team/

Roddy Jones begins his first year as sideline reporter after serving as analyst for Georgia Tech football radio broadcasts and working on ACC baseball broadcasts on ESPN3. He entered broadcasting after a distinguished career at Georgia Tech. As a running back for the Yellow Jackets, Jones was named to the Academic All-ACC team three times while earning both his undergraduate degree and MBA at Tech. He finished his career in the Top 15 in Tech history in rushing yards, and atop the record books in Yards Per Attempt (7.59) and Career Games Started (52). Jones also spent two years as a member of the Georgia Tech Baseball team.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Congrats to him, always glad to see GT men and women hitting new career highs! We will definitely miss him, but it is always nice to have a wider net of well spoken representatives in the media.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Wouldn't be surprised if it is Bedford. Was also happy to hear Roddy fill in on 92.9 The Game w/ John Michaels. That was the most Tech coverage on there in their almost 3yr existence

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I hope we can get someone with that same fire in his belly for tech football. Bedford just seems kinda awkward IMO.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hope we can get someone with that same fire in his belly for tech football. Bedford just seems kinda awkward IMO.

Have you seen Bedford's post when the NCAA tried to take away our ACC Championship in 2009? That's all you need to know about Bedford. Bedford's career is one of the best GT athlete stories I've had the pleasure of witnessing since I've been a GT fan.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Here's the official announcement:

http://raycomsports.com/acc-network...tball-katie-witham-and-roddy-jones-join-team/

Roddy Jones begins his first year as sideline reporter after serving as analyst for Georgia Tech football radio broadcasts and working on ACC baseball broadcasts on ESPN3. He entered broadcasting after a distinguished career at Georgia Tech. As a running back for the Yellow Jackets, Jones was named to the Academic All-ACC team three times while earning both his undergraduate degree and MBA at Tech. He finished his career in the Top 15 in Tech history in rushing yards, and atop the record books in Yards Per Attempt (7.59) and Career Games Started (52). Jones also spent two years as a member of the Georgia Tech Baseball team.
As I recall that is a very distinguished family as well. Imagine the sibling rivalry between GT and the AF, and the parents, both of whom are very accomplished. Good for him, and it gives him an opportunity to show real reporting can be done from the sideline.