Rival teams

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Who would our "rival" teams be other than UGAg?

I remember a website coming out recently where NO ONE including UGAg considered us a rival. I would think UGAg, and VPISU would be the two. VPISU is usually a pretty important game which decides the coastal.

Clemson used to be a good rivalry and may return to that status if/when we start being competitive against them. One of my favorite games was the 2000 game at Clemson - the Kerry Watkins Catch from Godsey that ruined the Tigers' undefeated hopes and dreams.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Who would our "rival" teams be other than UGAg?

I remember a website coming out recently where NO ONE including UGAg considered us a rival. I would think UGAg, and VPISU would be the two. VPISU is usually a pretty important game which decides the coastal.

Ugagers claim we're not a rival, but beat them a couple of times and see what happens. Clemson is certainly a rival. They have had the upper hand the last few years, but we've rained on their parade plenty of times, and they remember it.

Ugagers claim we're not a rival, but beat them a couple of times and see what happens. Clemson is certainly a rival. They have had the upper hand the last few years, but we've rained on their parade plenty of times, and they remember it.
Not to mention we pretty much owned them up until the Danny Ford era. We haven't done all that bad in the years since then either.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
There was a time Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Notre Dame and UGA(g) all considered us rivals. It’s up to the fans to help make the rivalry.

The problem with many ACC opponents is they are too far away for most fans.

I’d love to see us develop a stronger rivalry with ND and Clemson. And beat the snot out of the dogs.

There was a time Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Notre Dame and UGA(g) all considered us rivals. It’s up to the fans to help make the rivalry.

I’d love to see us develop a stronger rivalry with ND and Clemson. And beat the snot out of the dogs.
Tech - Auburn was second only to Mutts - Auburn in longevity when the series ended. We pretty much held our own against Bama through the years, only lagging by 4 or 5 in the win column, so obviously that was a rivalry (the mutts, incidentally have never beat Bama with any kind of consistency and lag far behind in the win-loss column). The Tech - Tenn rivalry was stoked because of the way Alexander "stole" Dodd from Neyland.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I sincerely believe that while the winning percentage of GT maintained itself under Johnson, the perception of the program took a major hit. It seemed that we had quit even trying to play big boy football. Hopefully we see the perception of the program rise under the current staff.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Having folllowed all the hiring news lately has anybody checked our rival teams boards to see what they’re saying of all the staff changes and what they think it’ll be like playing against Tech in the coming years?

I have no interest in that at all, so no. Will leave it to others.

I only visit those other sites when something “bad” happens to their sorry butts.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about what our rivals might be saying, but I do know that all week long there have been articles every single day in the Augusta paper about the staff changes in the cesspool, and NOT ONE WORD about any of the new hires at Tech, other than when Collins was hired. PATHETIC the coverage we get in this state.

Win.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I sincerely believe that while the winning percentage of GT maintained itself under Johnson, the perception of the program took a major hit. It seemed that we had quit even trying to play big boy football. Hopefully we see the perception of the program rise under the current staff.

Yeah...2014 and 2016 were so long ago as to not be considered part of the modern era of football. Smh

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

The narrative....as erroneous as it is...has to be maintained :rolleyes:
Its roll eye guy.
Roll the eye and it proves your point.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
What Georgia Tech's football opponents have to say about Coach Collins and the new football coaching staff means little to me. I figure their opinion of whatever happens will be very condescending like it usually is concerning news about Georgia Tech and Georgia Tech Athletics.

What Georgia Tech's football opponents have to say about Coach Collins and the new football coaching staff means little to me. I figure their opinion of whatever happens will be very condescending like it usually is concerning news about Georgia Tech and Georgia Tech Athletics.
Condescending is right. I mentioned yesterday the fact that Tech gets ZERO coverage in Augusta. This condescending attitude was on full display last night when one of the local TV newscasts had video highlights (HA) of the mutts' and Clemson's maulings by Auburn and UVA respectively. And in a "oh, by the way, if anybody cares" moment, they simply showed the score of the Tech big win over Syracuse. Oddly enough the Augusta paper today had tiny writeups about the Tech and Clemson games, but not even a score of the mutt-Auburn game. I guess as far as they are concerned, it really didn't even happen.