Rival teams

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
Having folllowed all the hiring news lately has anybody checked our rival teams boards to see what they’re saying of all the staff changes and what they think it’ll be like playing against Tech in the coming years?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Having folllowed all the hiring news lately has anybody checked our rival teams boards to see what they’re saying of all the staff changes and what they think it’ll be like playing against Tech in the coming years?
I have not, but I’ve seen media and coaches (Ex NFL and highly thought of GA guys) like the hires and talk about how it’s a good staff.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
My guess is it's been hard on John Swafford , teams are calling him and saying he needs to redo the schedule because they don't need the week off before the Tech game. ESPN is now asking him who to schedule now for the noon games. It's upset everything, cats and dogs playing together, boys playing with dolls, my wife fix'n dinner last night.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Who would our "rival" teams be other than UGAg?

I remember a website coming out recently where NO ONE including UGAg considered us a rival. I would think UGAg, and VPISU would be the two. VPISU is usually a pretty important game which decides the coastal.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I remember a website coming out recently where NO ONE including UGAg considered us a rival. I would think UGAg, and VPISU would be the two. VPISU is usually a pretty important game which decides the coastal.

I would think vpi, along with uva and duke would consider us rivals, as well. We need to make Clemson a rivalry again.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve heard a few comments from UGA fans, but I’m in Athens, surrounded by so many Dawgs that a few comments represent very little. I’ve heard just as many ‘who is Geoff Collins?’ remarks. We’re off the radar of most dawgs these days.

I’ve got one dawg friend who used to work in UGA recruiting, still works in athletics, and he said and I quote ‘Collins ain’t messing around’ after the Suddes and Key hires. He’s the most informed dawg I know (and very respectful of the tech program btw)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about what our rivals might be saying, but I do know that all week long there have been articles every single day in the Augusta paper about the staff changes in the cesspool, and NOT ONE WORD about any of the new hires at Tech, other than when Collins was hired. PATHETIC the coverage we get in this state.
Iiwii.
The paper knows.
Lots of folks have relatives that work at Walmart. Even though they are the bad uga fans , more of them by the papers and uga merchandise than the gt fans buy gt stuff.
Cgc and we can win them back one kind word at a time.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They are probably interested and curious, but they have no idea. Most of them are happy, as are the opposing coaches, to not have to think about or worry about the unique O and blocking schemes. I am hoping (hope is all I got) they will find out that CGC and his offensive coaches will still be so innovative, their concerns and worries will continue, although maybe with increased talent level. (and improved defense to go along with the innovative O)

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
My guess is it's been hard on John Swafford , teams are calling him and saying he needs to redo the schedule because they don't need the week off before the Tech game. ESPN is now asking him who to schedule now for the noon games. It's upset everything, cats and dogs playing together, boys playing with dolls, my wife fix'n dinner last night.

Hahahaahahahahahahahabab I love this comment so much

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think anyone much cares about GT football...yet. Nothing has happened except for talking - that excites the fan base, but I doubt Cutcliffe, Fuente, Diaz, Smart give a crap about any of this. They'll start caring when they (hopefully) realize they have to work to recruit in Atlanta AND they start losing recruits to Tech. That's when they'll care. And holy hell I hope that is soon.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I’m starting to hate Puke nearly as bad as UGAg. Is this becoming a rivalry? I hope not, really. A little embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Marco Coleman (even with 1990 coaching, S&C, and nutrition) would’ve not only started, but probably have been our best defensive player on every PJ defense since Derrick Morgan.