Returning players for 2021-22

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but I just learned that Didenko transferred to UT Martin. Say it aint so!!!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As of now, Jose & Moses are not among the NBA declared seniors. We should take this as data, not good news.

slugboy

Staff member
As of now, Jose & Moses are not among the NBA declared seniors. We should take this as data, not good news.

Especially since Moses already basically said he’s going.
The math is something to consider: There are two rounds in the NBA draft, with 30 teams, for a total of 60 picks, and 104 seniors are in, plus the underclassmen declaring early. Even with free agency, a lot of players are going unpicked.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Especially since Moses already basically said he’s going.
The math is something to consider: There are two rounds in the NBA draft, with 30 teams, for a total of 60 picks, and 104 seniors are in, plus the underclassmen declaring early. Even with free agency, a lot of players are going unpicked.
I guess why would it be bad news? And why are they not listed for? I am a bit confused..

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I took it as playing overseas?

Me Too. Both Jose and Moses have their degrees. Playing overseas will be a great start to earning a living. At least to me, returning to play college ball is not a good career move for Jose. Moses could develop his game with another college year, but playing ball and getting a paycheck is IMHO a better option.

I am not considering the bag men of the Duke’s and Kentucky’s of the world.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Me Too. Both Jose and Moses have their degrees. Playing overseas will be a great start to earning a living. At least to me, returning to play college ball is not a good career move for Jose. Moses could develop his game with another college year, but playing ball and getting a paycheck is IMHO a better option.

In a normal year this might be a reasonable option. COVID changes everything when traveling abroad.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Honestly, if a school like Kentucky or LSU went to Jose and said "If you come back for one more year and play for us, we'll get you hooked up with $150K and set you with some NIL contracts to make more money" I would be happy for Jose. I don't care if the $150K isn't "above board". If the NBA doesn't work out, I'm all for Jose cashing in to support his family. Once he's done with his last year, the NCAA can't go after him...that will be Kentucky's battle to fight. Jose's responsibility is to take care of his family.

Of course, if Jose does that with Duke, then all bets are off. Jose will become enemy #1. Kidding...kinda...

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, if a school like Kentucky or LSU went to Jose and said "If you come back for one more year and play for us, we'll get you hooked up with $150K and set you with some NIL contracts to make more money" I would be happy for Jose. I don't care if the $150K isn't "above board". If the NBA doesn't work out, I'm all for Jose cashing in to support his family. Once he's done with his last year, the NCAA can't go after him...that will be Kentucky's battle to fight. Jose's responsibility is to take care of his family.

Of course, if Jose does that with Duke, then all bets are off. Jose will become enemy #1. Kidding...kinda...
If Jose does that with Duke and then helps take them and the Rat down, then he should have the arena renamed after him

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Jose isn’t gonna transfer. He will go pro, G League or Europe if it’s an option or return to GT.
Even if he and Mo both decide not to return, we’re set up nicely to have a really good squad and season in 21/22. With all the roster turnover in college basketball, we still have an extremely experienced group at key positions returning. If Rev can get Meka, Saba and Howard to improve slightly and the 3 of them can give quality minutes in the post, we can still be a .500 or better team in the ACC. The usual teams will have their 5 star Fr coming in but we have 5-6 guys that have been playing ACC ball for a few years. We schedule OOC smartly, minus UGA and the B10 game which we should win, we will be a tournament team again.