Returning players for 2021-22

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Surprised that he has his mom and brother contacting NBA teams. Not totally sure of the rules but I would hope GT/Pastner could help with that. Same with training for the NBA - Garner Road has deep connections with David West - ex NBA player - but in general the facilities are not what you would expect for NBA level training. Obviously a lot of physical training facilities in RTP but probably few he has access to rival GT's.

There are trainers who specialize in pre NBA training but they generally work through the agent community. I thought there were ways to associate with an agent without actually signing.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Can Moses really improve his draft stock with more time in college? If he's not draftable after the year he had, I'm not sure another year of college is going to help. He might be better served to go play somewhere fulltime for $$$ and hope he can play his way into an NBA contract, or just settle for a decent living playing overseas.
Moses made huge improvements this past year. Do we honestly know if he is done improving or maybe he still has significant more upside waiting to be unleashed?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

Is this still a thing?

Kentucky is just desperate for a PG. They sort of pushed current PG Devin Askew out the door into the transfer portal after the season, thinking they could upgrade that position. However, they recently had their top PG recruit (Nolan Hickman) decommit after some staff changes and have missed on a couple other targets. Apparently Jose has a very good relationship with Orlando Antigua, who is just coming back to UK's staff. I don't see it happening, but that is the source of the rumors, which I think are really more hopes than actual rumors.

With all that said, the recruiting experts have all just changed their predictions for 5-start PG TyTy Washington to UK in the last 24 hours, and there is still a chance that Davion Mintz who ran some point for UK last year returns, all of which I think makes it even less likely that Alvarado would transfer to UK even if he doesn't decide to go pro.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Moses made huge improvements this past year. Do we honestly know if he is done improving or maybe he still has significant more upside waiting to be unleashed?
Get paid to work on your upside fulltime, or take some classes and work part without immediate pay, nil $ would be held for one year IF they are even a thing starting later this year or not...

Not a hard decision. JMO

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
SEC folks seem to think UGA's point guard is transferring to KY.
He may be transferring to UK, but I betcha TyTy was told the starting role is his. Otherwise he would have committed elsewhere. There could still be minutes to go around. My point was that I doubt Jose would transfer there to share the job with a 5* freshman.