Returning players for 2021-22

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope it’s not true but trust this decision is harder on him than it would be on any of us. He has true love for GT - must be tough for him. Would love to see him stay though.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’ve come to terms with myself that Mike Jose and Mo aren’t coming back. Mike most likely will but not the other two. If I set my expectations low I won’t be disappointed. This is basically how I handle my day to day life anymore lol.
This is how we should be handling it though.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Well, if we do lose Jose and Mo, I still feel like we have enough with Ush,Mike, Bubba, Khalid and Kyle, along with Howard and Saba, who will have a normal off season with coach Rev to basically be in a similar spot that we were all year. And that’s a projected bubble team that gets in the tournament. We have “guys”. That core, especially the perimeter players have been through plenty of wars in the ACC. This recruiting class is really good! The addition of an explosive guard like Smith will help too. If Debo can do what he does, then we’re gonna be fine come January. Hopefully we schedule accordingly OOC and get wins and quality minutes to guys.
I still see a 10-8 type team in conference at worst with that group. No worse than .500. Take care of business OOC and have no Mercer or G State moments and we’re an 18-12 team.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Would be a kick in the gut, but not different from him going pro for our purposes. That said, if playing his bonus year in front of family and friends is a draw, let's raise some cash and fly his whole crew down!

Seriously though, anything else we get from the seniors is a bonus. They played through the pandemic, dealt with the isolation and I support them fully.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think Jose's first responsibility is to his young family. GT fans need to realize college basketball is just a game, but for players it's a means to an end. Whether it's to get to the pros, get a degree, or position themselves for a better future. For Jose, if rumors of him going "home" to NY are true, it means more help with his young daughter and possibly freeing his girlfriend (wife?) to possibly work and have family help out with childcare. If it makes Jose's life easier so he can focus on providing a better future for his family, I'm 1000% behind it. Jose doesn't owe GT fans anything past what he's already given us...which is years of his blood and sweat. I don't have kids, but I have plenty of nieces and nephews, and plenty of friends with kids, so I know good childcare is extremely expensive.

Of course if it's true, I'll definitely be sad because it was pure joy watching that young man give everything to GT. I definitely won't be bitter about it...unless he goes to Syracuse. All bets are off then :)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'll be happy for Jose if he gets an SEC McDonald's bag to take care of his family but boy would that be infuriating (at the school who gets him, not at Jose) from purely a fan's standpoint.