Returning players for 2021-22

slugboy

Staff member
I am seeing stuff on Twitter talking about an ACC guard putting their name in the transfer portal. Sounds like Jose from what I see? Anyone else hearing anything?
You may want to share the tweets in question. I haven’t seen any like that. Maybe you can crowdsource some info here.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
736B9483-FF79-4367-B794-700723B07C79.png

GT_EE78

Banned
In both cases (and i'm not a twit head), they appear to be speculative photo and reply to the guy who said a starter acc guard was coming to portal.
He didn't claim any inside info or provide source..
Surely there must be a couple of other acc starter guards left,= who aren't already in the portal or draft.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
In both cases (and i'm not a twit head), they appear to be speculative photo and reply to the guy who said a starter acc guard was coming to portal.
He didn't claim any inside info or provide source..
Surely there must be a couple of other acc starter guards left,= who aren't already in the portal or draft.
I agree. That’s why I was just asking if anyone else had heard anything.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounds like some Johnnies fans are really hoping it's Jose. If it is and he goes to St. John's, I'm thrilled for him and we all should be thrilled for him.

He'll get to bring his family back to NYC, with his daughter closer to her grandparents, and play in front of all of his friends and family every night in his hometown. How special would that be after Jose's well-known relationship with his grandmother who passed away?

That would be a great thing to happen for Jose after putting in 4 years at GT.

If anyone of us are upset if that's what plays out, well, they're greedy and an ******* piece of ****.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like some Johnnies fans are really hoping it's Jose. If it is and he goes to St. John's, I'm thrilled for him and we all should be thrilled for him.

He'll get to bring his family back to NYC, with his daughter closer to her grandparents, and play in front of all of his friends and family every night in his hometown. How special would that be after Jose's well-known relationship with his grandmother who passed away?

If anyone of us are upset if that's what plays out, well, they're greedy and an ******* piece of ****.
This 100%. I’d be lying if i wasn’t let down he transferred but if he’s gonna go back home to do it then I’m ok with it. If he goes to an ACC school or a Kentucky type I’d be disappointed but you can’t be mad if he returns to an NYC school like SJU.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

With his family, it'd make sense to go back home for one more year.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow

I would just be sad as a fan. I think that’s fair to want him to come back but he should do what’s best for him.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It’s a double edged sword if he does unfortunately. Some people would get the reasoning and remember his as the legend he is and other will trash him and it can tarnish his legacy at GT as well. For some reason I feel like this may be legit. Not sure why, just gut feeling.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would just be sad as a fan. I think that’s fair to want him to come back but he should do what’s best for him.
Being sad & upset are two different things.

I'm talking about the people who will run their mouth and talk **** about someone who's been great for us.

You being sad is a fair reaction. I'd love nothing more than Jose coming back, but I'm gonna cheer for him anywhere (except dook probably).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’s a double edged sword if he does unfortunately. Some people would get the reasoning and remember his as the legend he is and other will trash him and it can tarnish his legacy at GT as well. For some reason I feel like this may be legit. Not sure why, just gut feeling.
Any GT fan who trashes Jose after he played four years for us and stopped playing for us after his SR year can go **** themselves.