Returning players for 2021-22

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Reading between the lines, is Deluca trying to persuade Jose to go pro? Or is it just a generic motivational message? Deluca is his former coach, I guess. What is this "HOPE Productions" stuff?
Jose is in NYC training for pro workouts and spending time with family.

I don't think there's anything nefarious here. Jose should be doing that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It was a change the committee made a couple years ago

56356626-7A86-40F9-8D73-A908D92AE785.jpeg

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Explanation of the changes that allow players to hire an agent but retain eligibility.

The statement does sound more like he is likely to stay in then come back, but he didn't close the door completely.
He's always one i assumed who go pro after this season simply because he has a young family, but this does leave the door open for him to return until after the NBA Draft if he goes undrafted.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Basically, Alvarado is trying to Guide through the process of what’s the best option. Nba seems like a long shot and overseas is a mess right now. I believe he will end up coming back. He’s waiting on his final feedback and word from the nba.

GT_EE78

Banned
I wouldn't think one could take pay or an advance.
from the SI article - "Players can also now return to school after going undrafted without losing eligibility, but only if they participated in the NBA combine."
If i understand that , he'd have to pull out of the draft to retain eligibility if he doesn't get invited to the combine....is that correct?