Returning middle linebackers?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Getting a lottle tired of this complex route tree bull. The option route system we used under johnson is the most complex route recievera can run. The learning curve is not going to be as great as people think.

Could u link to a place I can reference on the route tree we used. ? They seemed to be way down field with single coverage.
A link to the route treesxforcthe triple option would be a good reference.

(since we are changing I watched every bowl game)

The rpo seems to be short passes with the hot receiver being based on position of defenders. Then reciever must run route and qb not state at him . Kind of like basketball.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Could u link to a place I can reference on the route tree we used. ? They seemed to be way down field with single coverage.
A link to the route treesxforcthe triple option would be a good reference.

(since we are changing I watched every bowl game)

The rpo seems to be short passes with the hot receiver being based on position of defenders. Then reciever must run route and qb not state at him . Kind of like basketball.
Found a source Football is life. 3/+6/2015
Passing in the flex bone.
So far looks like heavy dependence on play action getting single coverage.

Got to read up to see the game with in the game .

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Getting a lottle tired of this complex route tree bull. The option route system we used under johnson is the most complex route recievera can run. The learning curve is not going to be as great as people think.
Watch out now. The group think gestapo will get ya.
Sorry to piss you off jgt. Just my opinion that we have work to do at WR I remember when Bebe came out here to Denver and when asked what his experience going from an option team to a pro style O, his answer was nothing in the blocking department, he knew how to put people on their butts, but learning the precision of the routes, especially in tight coverage, was his biggest learning curve (of course Manning expected nothing but perfection from his receivers). So I guess I am a little tired of snarky replies when someone just is giving an opinion. And Whiskey, never thought of myself as the gestapo. But you can have your damn opinion as well.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to piss you off jgt. Just my opinion that we have work to do at WR I remember when Bebe came out here to Denver and when asked what his experience going from an option team to a pro style O, his answer was nothing in the blocking department, he knew how to put people on their butts, but learning the precision of the routes, especially in tight coverage, was his biggest learning curve (of course Manning expected nothing but perfection from his receivers). So I guess I am a little tired of snarky replies when someone just is giving an opinion. And Whiskey, never thought of myself as the gestapo. But you can have your damn opinion as well.

bebe also had a year under gailey's offense in the same tree. Precision routs are not a complicated tree merely a different one. A precise route is a physical skill they have to practice. Even Jones had to work on running NFL routes after leaving alabama, that's what he learned from Roddy White. However Option route concepts mean combining 3-4 routes into one play and running based on read coverage. Bebe rarely had to do anything but run a go route. Smelter Prior to his injury was probably the best route runner with had. He ran all 9 of the "nfl" routes while here often of option routes. The reason guys like Sanders, and Dolphus and Carter didn't play more was because of a lack of skill in blocking or injury. Asking them to just run a slant, or just run a post and not think or have to think about the coverage and you will see more precision.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Tbh we don’t know...... they weren’t asked to do certain things as other ACC programs. They very well could be ACC caliber WR’s, only time will tell, but I think you will be surprised. We also have guys that had other ACC offers.

The a back mentioned has played what? 10 games in 4 years? He has 4 career touches in the system he was recruited for. Yet he will easily translate to a talented wr because he has “slot build” aka he’s small and undersized? Some of you guys are crazy with your assumptions that guys willl easily translate to a new position and be great at it...and that the prior system was harder for wrs to learn routes that a more complex system will be? Come on. Teams basically gave us one coverage, and we ran 4-5 route concepts total. The option route we ran was a stop/go where the wr adjusted based on how tight the coverage was, it wasn’t complex.

I guess “we don’t know” is correct because we’ve never seen It happen. Maybe they will all be ALL ACC WRs, I hope they do.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I wasn’t referring to you.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The a back mentioned has played what? 10 games in 4 years? He has 4 career touches in the system he was recruited for. Yet he will easily translate to a talented wr because he has “slot build” aka he’s small and undersized? Some of you guys are crazy with your assumptions that guys willl easily translate to a new position and be great at it...and that the prior system was harder for wrs to learn routes that a more complex system will be? Come on. Teams basically gave us one coverage, and we ran 4-5 route concepts total. The option route we ran was a stop/go where the wr adjusted based on how tight the coverage was, it wasn’t complex.

I guess “we don’t know” is correct because we’ve never seen It happen. Maybe they will all be ALL ACC WRs, I hope they do.

Essentially, I think we look at this from different angles.

Time will tell what the transition looks like. The point that some of us are making is that the skill players didn’t run 3O in high school and for the most part are still shifty and fast.

The staff has said, many times, that they will run a scheme that emphasizes our Player’s skill sets during the next few years. I’m a believer in trusting the guys who are paid based on the outcome to operate in a fashion they think will best suit us so we won’t roll the ABacks (or any other position) into roles their not able to play.

Where and how they end up contributing remains to be seen, but I don’t believe they’ll just disappear never to see the field again.

As to the complexity of routes in our old scheme I think there were far more moving parts you had to read to get to the outcome, but agree the back end of the route design itself was fairly narrow in scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Idk if this was meant for me, but I’ve not once said it would be an easy transition. My last comment wasn’t about the mentioned Aback either. It was about the fact that we don’t know if we have ACC caliber WR, although we have guys recruited by other ACC programs, only time will tell though. Your comments come across as if you know we don’t at all, and my point is we really just don’t know. Sorry if that wasn’t the point of your messages. Like I’ve said about the Abacks though, we have MAYBE 2 or 3 A backs who fit the skill set for slot. I’ll also add, that the guys learning the route tree is the least of my worries from a transition point, it’s really not overly difficult. I’m more worried about their ability to use body leverage, learn when to shallow a route off or drag it out, yes that’s part of route running but it’s more of the ability to read a defense.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to LBs. I think Carpenter and, perhaps, Oliver will move to LB in the spring; we've got a plethora of DBs what with who's coming back and coming in. I also think Dingle will move back to LB, though that'll depend on his growth curve. Finally, I believe one or two of the hoard of LBs we have coming in will end up playing next year, even if they aren't really ready.

In short, I don't think we have as big a dearth of LB talent as some seem to think. Experience is another story. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, however, and I think it is the biggest question mark on the team coming back.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to LBs. I think Carpenter and, perhaps, Oliver will move to LB in the spring; we've got a plethora of DBs what with who's coming back and coming in. I also think Dingle will move back to LB, though that'll depend on his growth curve. Finally, I believe one or two of the hoard of LBs we have coming in will end up playing next year, even if they aren't really ready.

In short, I don't think we have as big a dearth of LB talent as some seem to think. Experience is another story. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, however, and I think it is the biggest question mark on the team coming back.

Carpenter isn't moving to LB.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

It’s the biggest ? if we primarily play a 3-3-5. If we play a 4-3 I think DE a slightly bigger ?