Returning middle linebackers?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Off the top of my head, I know David Curry will be back. Can’t remember any others, other than maybe Bruce Jordan-Swilling might become an inexperienced replacement for the departing Brant Mitchell.

Does anyone know of any backups and/or redshirt freshmen who can be expected to fill in as our new starters at MLB?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Off the top of my head, I know David Curry will be back. Can’t remember any others, other than maybe Bruce Jordan-Swilling might become an inexperienced replacement for the departing Brant Mitchell.

Does anyone know of any backups and/or redshirt freshmen who can be expected to fill in as our new starters at MLB?
Quez Jackson, but he might be an OLB.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Dingle, or has he outgrown the position-moved to a rush end?
Guys are going to play two ways in certain instances, per CGC.

They will have Spring practices to sort it all out. With the new S. & C., a few might grow into the MLB spot, as Sisk probably had them on track only needing more time to develop?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I think this (MLB) is the second highest priority to figure out - QB number 1, MLB number 2 and WR's number 3 (especially coaching them to run a complex tree route system to perfection).

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think this (MLB) is the second highest priority to figure out - QB number 1, MLB number 2 and WR's number 3 (especially coaching them to run a complex tree route system to perfection).

Getting a lottle tired of this complex route tree bull. The option route system we used under johnson is the most complex route recievera can run. The learning curve is not going to be as great as people think.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Getting a lottle tired of this complex route tree bull. The option route system we used under johnson is the most complex route recievera can run. The learning curve is not going to be as great as people think.

Talent level much more concerning than learning curve at wr

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
See im not even sure of that. Malachi Carter and andonicas Sanders both have the recieving ability. Omari Jarrett and half our a backs are slot builds. And we just picked up a few tight ends.
Disagree about the Aback comment, I’d say 2 or 3 tops are guys who fit the slot position. I think Carter, Sanders, Camp, and Dolphus all have the skill set to do well. There are others as well, those are the top guys of the top of my head. We also signed two guys for WR/slot, plus the TE’s like you mentioned that could turn out to be very good.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Disagree about the Aback comment, I’d say 2 or 3 tops are guys who fit the slot position. I think Carter, Sanders, Camp, and Dolphus all have the skill set to do well. There are others as well, those are the top guys of the top of my head. We also signed two guys for WR/slot, plus the TE’s like you mentioned that could turn out to be very good.

Mate we only have 6 a backs right now on scholarship. So 3 is half

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Bruce, Quez and Curry, though IMO Curry is too small to play in the middle unless we are doing the blitz-sideways-and-chase D again.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some "position flexibility" between former BB and MLB.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
See im not even sure of that. Malachi Carter and andonicas Sanders both have the recieving ability. Omari Jarrett and half our a backs are slot builds. And we just picked up a few tight ends.

Ha. You’re right. We are loaded with ACC caliber receivers

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Couldn’t care less who starts at LB...just fill gaps, tackle properly, and take reasonable angles to the ball...doesn’t matter if it’s a 4* or a walk-on

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ha. You’re right. We are loaded with ACC caliber receivers
Tbh we don’t know...... they weren’t asked to do certain things as other ACC programs. They very well could be ACC caliber WR’s, only time will tell, but I think you will be surprised. We also have guys that had other ACC offers.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Tbh we don’t know...... they weren’t asked to do certain things as other ACC programs. They very well could be ACC caliber WR’s, only time will tell, but I think you will be surprised. We also have guys that had other ACC offers.

If they were offered by other ACC schools they are obviously ACC caliber.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Idk Dingle could get moved back although he’s well in 250lbs.

Between him, BJS, & Quez.