retiring #90

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Don't think we would retire it. Definitely see us doing something in line like the other comments in this thread: patch/helmet decal and someone rotating through the number each game. Maybe we will even line up first snap of the season on defense with 10 men and an empty spot for Adams like the Redskins did after Sean Taylor was murdered.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Don't think we would retire it. Definitely see us doing something in line like the other comments in this thread: patch/helmet decal and someone rotating through the number each game. Maybe we will even line up first snap of the season on defense with 10 men and an empty spot for Adams like the Redskins did after Sean Taylor was murdered.

I could see dabo allowing that too and not trying to take advantage having his QB kneel on it.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I could see dabo allowing that too and not trying to take advantage having his QB kneel on it.

USC did something similar (last year?) when they had their blind long snapper come in. Made an agreement when it wouldn't impact the game to do it without interference, and he snapped an XP when USC was up a few scores. Dabo is classy enough and respectful enough for it to happen, to do it when the game is out of reach (but hopefully just for clemson ;) ).

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I was thinking it would be awesome for every player to wear a #90 Jersey for the first game.

I know it probably wont happen but it would be special

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
Think that would be great. Or at least a patch on the jersey
That would be great. I remember when the Philadelphia Eagles honored Jerome Brown after his passing in 92. The Eagles retired number #99 in honor of Brown, kept his locker untouched, and wore a patch with his initials and number on their jerseys the entire 92 season. That would be good to remember Brandon.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not gonna espose some idea of what we should do. There are many ways to do something nice. And i am sure and hope we pick one.

Retiring a jersey for 90 could be one. But I immediately feel bad for the SA that died in 88 or 89 drowning that didnt get his retired. Or the one killed in an auto accident. Or wendy millers too.

So my feeling here is hopefully we do something great and nice and its inline with the sacrifice of others as well