Respect ESPN Style

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We need back to back success to cement our presence in the national discussion. If we can duplicate this year's success, next year, a tall order indeed, we'll see the blue chip/scholar athletes lining up at our door. There's not a ton of those types, but to have them targeting us for a change would be a godsend.

Man i hope we can put together 2-3 really good seasons, that would pay huge dividends for GT

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
You have to remember where he was coaching. Being the coach at Notre Dame or Bammer or Texas and a couple of others is different and the alums have a much bigger role. Look at Bill Curry at Bammer. He comes in, wins 10 games in 2 of his three years, then leaves because he can't get along with Lee Roy Jordan, who hated Tech with a vengeance.

This is one reason why I, were I a football coach, I wouldn't coach in any of these places, even given the smooth path toward a great career. And, nowadays, with big donors looming so much larger in colleges and universities, it's even worse. Luckily, at Tech we tend to go by results, not by fan aesthetics.
It's like coach said at on his radio show:

If you start listening to what the fans want, you'll end up sittin in the stands with them.