Researchers Improve Game Day Experience...

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I am not able to attend enough games to really weigh in on game day experiences, but if your competition is the "living room", you should take a look at (1) the comfort/quality of the seats, (2) the food, beverages, and other comfort amenities, and (3) the wifi, information, and second screen experience. This is in addition to logistics of getting to/from the game and tailgating, etc.

I don't know about the wifi, but GT has always scored pretty low on the other two.

That barely accredited university in Chapel Hill is putting in all new seats and shrinking their capacity. Not a bad idea.
I agree about the desirability of having fewer, more comfortable, seats in the stadium...and I brought that up at a focus group session that the AA invited me to attend, last Spring.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I agree about the desirability of having fewer, more comfortable, seats in the stadium...and I brought that up at a focus group session that the AA invited me to attend, last Spring.
Me too, I also think we should install "virtual seat" cameras that we can sell for miniscule amounts that give you a "fans eye" view of the stadium. Pay your 10 bux get a virtual ticket, only sell liek 1000 or so of them but sink it with 3d head movement ( could be done with a tri angle camera set) and let people watch it in 3d.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Me too, I also think we should install "virtual seat" cameras that we can sell for miniscule amounts that give you a "fans eye" view of the stadium. Pay your 10 bux get a virtual ticket, only sell liek 1000 or so of them but sink it with 3d head movement ( could be done with a tri angle camera set) and let people watch it in 3d.

Someone behind would just be yelling at the camera to "sit down!".