Remember when we were a Russell Athletic school?

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing new on ramblinwreck.com store either. I think an alumni magazine said it might take a couple weeks (not sure why), but then TS said to look for stuff 7/1. Makes no sense when it should have all been planned in advance.

Stansbury said mid-July for fan gear showing up in stores. No idea though why someone hasn't communicated to the athletes when they should expect gear...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That is very discouraging.. What is the deal?

Heh. The deal is they're paying us pennies (relatively) but promised to make up for it with a shat-load o' product but haven't delivered.

I imagine, once the stuff arrives, they'll say 'my bad' or whatever and all will be sorta forgiven. Still, this is disappointing.

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
22c3c0a0831bbdcc117b4ce470ba7375--russell-athletic.jpg

Looks more like bubbles than a honeycomb. It's not good when you can't even get a honeycomb right. Thanks Russell for that 1 uniform that Calvin wore as he destroyed the cavs that we only got to see once.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
On the other hand, here's some anecdotal data since my prior post.

I got to talking sports gear with one of our interns, a rising college senior. A local school, TxA&M-Corpus Christi, has an Adidas deal for its teams. I mentioned GT's new deal, and the intern got interested. "Adidas got really big when Kanye did a deal with them!", says he.
I say, "Our old deal was with Russell." The intern gives an epic eyeroll and sneer. "Really?"

So I'm gonna be more patient with Adidas. This image/marketing angle related to apparel providers appears to be real.