Remaining home games... LET'S GET OUT THERE!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If you've been on the fence on getting to a game, I implore you that now is the time to get off of it and go. We've still got some solid match-ups remaining, some of which have some really neat promotions. We need as many seats filled as possible as recruiting ramps up. Fan presence is a huge factor for kids.

Remaining games are
  • FSU on Wednesday, 1/25
  • ND on Saturday, 1/28
  • Tusculum on Tuesday, 2/7
  • Boston College on Saturday, 2/11
  • Syracuse on Sunday, 2/19
  • NC State on Tuesday, 2/21
  • Pitt on Tuesday, 2/28
Link below to buy tickets from GT...

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...inkID=gatech&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

I'm bringing five friends to Syracuse game. Pastner is obviously a pretty decent coach.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be at ND and 'Cuse, at a minimum. We should beat 'Cuse, minus any weirdness facing the zone.

Schadenfreude - My brother still thinks to this day that Kenny Anderson is the biggest miss in Syracuse b'ball history (moreso than Marbury and others) and would have won 'Cuse a 'ship, given the the roster was stacked everywhere but PG (Billy Owens, Derrick Coleman, Stephen Thompson, Dave Johnson). I imagine he'll politely tell Kenny just as much if he has the opportunity pregame, with a longing look of disappointment on his face.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the Jackets go 5-1 in the remaining 6 home games. I think GT finishes 20-12 and makes the NCAA Tournment as a 9-10 seed.
Be careful. Don't be caught driving if you drink any more of that Koolaid. I am also on the CJP bandwagon right now, but the NCAA will be a stretch. Except for ND, everyone else is below us in the ACC standings, but only BC has a lower RPI and only BC and Pitt (just barely) are below us on Kenpom.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Be careful. Don't be caught driving if you drink any more of that Koolaid. I am also on the CJP bandwagon right now, but the NCAA will be a stretch. Except for ND, everyone else is below us in the ACC standings, but only BC has a lower RPI and only BC and Pitt (just barely) are below us on Kenpom.
I'm just optimistic with my white and gold glasses on!;)(y)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll be at ND and 'Cuse, at a minimum. We should beat 'Cuse, minus any weirdness facing the zone.

Schadenfreude - My brother still thinks to this day that Kenny Anderson is the biggest miss in Syracuse b'ball history (moreso than Marbury and others) and would have won 'Cuse a 'ship, given the the roster was stacked everywhere but PG (Billy Owens, Derrick Coleman, Stephen Thompson, Dave Johnson). I imagine he'll politely tell Kenny just as much if he has the opportunity pregame, with a longing look of disappointment on his face.
And Kenny will tell him how Pearl Washington was his guy.

I'll be at a couple more. Still figuring it out.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I might have just swapped to BC instead of Cuse. Long ride back on a Sunday after a game as opposed a Sunday morning after a Saturday game

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone know the seating guidelines for bringing an under two year old to McCamish? I want to try making some games but babies impact planning.

Bruce..I feel you.. I'm relegated to weekend games and 9m games for personal attendance. I've also got two little ones and we checked earlier.. 2 and Under do not need a ticket.

On Saturday, I'm taking my 4 yr old daughter to the game...She's been before, but I suspect that Saturday, she will get the real experience of what the ThrillerDome can and should be!!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Bruce..I feel you.. I'm relegated to weekend games and 9m games for personal attendance. I've also got two little ones and we checked earlier.. 2 and Under do not need a ticket.

On Saturday, I'm taking my 4 yr old daughter to the game...She's been before, but I suspect that Saturday, she will get the real experience of what the ThrillerDome can and should be!!
That's a good time to make a Yellow Jacket fan out of her:cool:;)(n)

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Is it really all that crazy? We're one bucket away from being 4-1 in our last 5 games! That includes games vs. Clemson, @NC State, @VT, @UVA, and vs. FSU

Not saying that it occurs, but I could see us going 4-2

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I usually catch parts of the basketball games, but don't really sit down and watch from start to finish unless it is a big game, (I used to watch almost every game from start to finish under Hewitt), but I will be sitting down and watching the ND game on Saturday from start to finish, and probably many others from here on out. This team has me really excited for GT basketball again.

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll be at all the remaining home games!!! Can't wait to see how we finish!! So excited about GT Basketball! Let's pack the pavilion, be loud, and get this W on saturday!!!!!!!!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Glad to hear the excitement and people talking about going to games again. I've been at almost every home game for 15 years and the crowds have gotten smaller and smaller each year since Favors. The Tulane game this year was horrific, turnout wise. I had two mid court seats in the Callaway Club and tried o give them away. Literally could not find a soul that would go. At tip there may have been 1,500 people there .

Hoping that's our nadir and the crowds really pick back up from here on out. Nothing helps the kids on the court more than a raucous, supportive home crowd, and it's a huge boost to recruiting

Better days lie ahead (they're already here...)