1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Remaining home games... LET'S GET OUT THERE!

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by dtm1997, Jan 15, 2017.

1. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

If you've been on the fence on getting to a game, I implore you that now is the time to get off of it and go. We've still got some solid match-ups remaining, some of which have some really neat promotions. We need as many seats filled as possible as recruiting ramps up. Fan presence is a huge factor for kids.

Remaining games are
    • FSU on Wednesday, 1/25
    • ND on Saturday, 1/28
    • Tusculum on Tuesday, 2/7
    • Boston College on Saturday, 2/11
    • Syracuse on Sunday, 2/19
    • NC State on Tuesday, 2/21
    • Pitt on Tuesday, 2/28
    Link below to buy tickets from GT...

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...inkID=gatech&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

2. BleedingGold

BleedingGold Helluva Engineer

How did we end up scheduling Tusculum in the middle of ACC play? That should be an exhibition game at best. That's like the SEC scheduling FCS opponents in week 11. No positives can really be gained from playing that kind of opponent at that point in the season.

3. dtm1997

My only theory is that CJP didn't want us to be off for a full week without playing an opponent and we had the ability to fit in an extra game under NCAA rules.

augustabuzz likes this.
  4. BleedingGold

BleedingGold Helluva Engineer

So under that theory, that would mean the ACC screwed us........again. Sounds very realistic, actually.

5. dtm1997

I could be wrong, but more often than not, each ACC team gets approximately a 1 week break in there.

augustabuzz likes this.
  6. D-man44

D-man44 Helluva Engineer

Could be the coaches didn't think we would win an acc game and thought a win in the middle of conference play would be a morale boost

Enuratique likes this.
  7. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

Me and My Dad will be heading down for Jack jersey night.

CuseJacket likes this.
  8. BigDaddyBuzz

BigDaddyBuzz Helluva Engineer

Correct. Because we did not play in any holiday tournament we had the room to add a game. Smart move by Pastner.

9. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Anyone know the seating guidelines for bringing an under two year old to McCamish? I want to try making some games but babies impact planning.

10. dtm1997

I believe 2 & under are where you can bring them in for free, but I recommend calling ticket office to confirm.

Bruce Wayne likes this.
  11. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

I for one have gone out and purchased two tickets to the Notre Dame game...the only remaining basketball game this year I will be in town for. I would like to see the building start to rock and just a couple of more wins will start the flow back in our direction, I think....

12. dtm1997

Fudge...

13. dtm1997

Bump to make sure you still had the link to buy tickets.

Back home for a BIG game against FSU on Wednesday.

14. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Tusculum is div 2 so it is basically a scrimmage. It will count towards pastners record but does not count toward any postseason record. From an NCAA selection committee or nit the game doesn't exist. Will not be included in record for postseason play, does not show up in RPI.

I'm guessing staff wanted a game during the off week to stay sharp but not tax anyone. I would hope the starters would play little and the backups get most of the minutes

15. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

This is exactly what I heard back in November when I questioned it with an ACC person in Greensboro.

16. tbglover

tbglover Helluva Engineer

I just got a ticket for the Notre Dame game. Hopefully I'll be able to make more games this season.

CuseJacket and ramblinjacket like this.
  17. dtm1997

+1

Let's get out to that ND game, folks! Don't forget the Jarrett Jack replica jerseys this Saturday.

CuseJacket likes this.
  18. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

Anyone going to South Bend for the ND game? I can't make it down to a home game this year unfortunately so I'm going to this one.

dtm1997 likes this.
  19. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

I'll be at the Syracuse game

dtm1997 and CuseJacket like this.
  20. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Man the team is playing well this is exciting for next year.