Remainder of ACC Schedule

How will Tech finish the rest the ACC schedule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
All of the 6-6 teams must get invites, even the G5 ones, before a 5-7 team gets invited. Then they go in order of APR. We would be pretty high up the list. Last year, no 5-7 teams made it and a couple of 6-6 teams missed out too, but I know a couple did one year.

I think a 6-6 team going to a bowl game is the equivalent of a participation trophy and the epitome of celebrating mediocrity. A 5-7 team going to a bowl game? That shouldn’t be a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think a 6-6 team going to a bowl game is the equivalent of a participation trophy and the epitome of celebrating mediocrity. A 5-7 team going to a bowl game? That shouldn’t be a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's better to go to any Bowl Game than to be at home watching them on TV:cigar:The extra practice you get from going to a Bowl Game is really constructive also:cigar:

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I voted 1-3, but I think UNC could take us if we fumble the ball more than a couple of times and can't cover kickoffs...both of which have been known to happen.

PTCjacket

Banned
Not to our offense. If you can fling it around though, you have a chance. Just ask ODU, who threw it for 400+ yds vs VPI. Heck, it took 2 post bombs last year for us to win, laughably the only passes we completed the entire game. Our running game got *****-slapped as usual.

A bunch of TQM QB Keepers & FB dives won't do jack **** vs Foster's boys. Foster almost always shuts ol' CPJ down. Worse for us, VPI has already had its Bad Loss for 2018 - we won't catch them napping.

I don't think we beat them, but it's worth pointing out that we've won 3 of 4 against while scoring 27, 21, 30, and 28 points. That's not really indicative of Foster "shutting us down".

I will follow that up by saying that I did not look at this in depth to see if all of those points were offensive points or if we scored any defensive touchdowns in those games.

PTCjacket

Banned
It's better to go to any Bowl Game than to be at home watching them on TV:cigar:The extra practice you get from going to a Bowl Game is really constructive also:cigar:

I think you are joking but I can't really tell because I have no clue what those emojis are lol. Is that a dude smoking a cigar?

Anyways, it always cracks me up when people use these generic talking points.

We had extra practice for both the ACCCG and Bowl game in 2014 and followed that up with 3 wins. We had no extra practice in 2015 and followed that up with 8 wins (i think?). We had extra practice in 2016 followed by our **** season last year. We had no extra practice last year and still suck this year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think you are joking but I can't really tell because I have no clue what those emojis are lol. Is that a dude smoking a cigar?

We had extra practice for both the ACCCG and Bowl game in 2014 and followed that up with 3 wins. We had no extra practice in 2015 and followed that up with 8 wins (i think?). We had extra practice in 2016 followed by our **** season last year. We had no extra practice last year and still suck this year.
Yeah he's smoking a cigar:cigar: I've always heard for decades that the extra practice a team gets from playing in any Bowl Game is a good thing;)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Extra practice time with coaches that led you to a record of 5 - 7?

OK.

Extra practice ??? ... after spring practice, fall camp and seven games, CPJ says we need to go back to the basics ... what the hell have they been doing in practice up til now ???
I sincerely hope that IF we get to 5-7 and get offered a Bowl, TStan does not accept the invite ... great program PR, come to GT and go to the Toilet Bowl with a losing record ...

PTCjacket

Banned
Extra practice ??? ... after spring practice, fall camp and seven games, CPJ says we need to go back to the basics ... what the hell have they been doing in practice up til now ???
I sincerely hope that IF we get to 5-7 and get offered a Bowl, TStan does not accept the invite ... great program PR, come to GT and go to the Toilet Bowl with a losing record ...

Oliver clearly needs more reps running that QB sweep...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I agree you know going into the season you need 6 win to get to a bowl. If you go with 5 wins are we going to give the players a trophy for placing fifth in the Coastal Division? I know a few will say it's a reward to the players reward for what losing 7 games and having too many bowls. Great way to teach them .

agreed - the 'extra practice' argument is a myth.