Remainder of ACC Schedule

How will Tech finish the rest the ACC schedule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
The Cavs are leading Duke late in the third quarter, and the same for UNCheat vs. Syracuse. What is the chance we win out in ACC play? How will the rest of our ACC schedule play out?

Regardless of the outcome.....GO JACKETS!!!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
3-1 would be miraculous. 2-2 is possible, but Virginia did to Duke today what Duke did to us last week, so...

The reality that everyone is not ready to accept is that we are a bad football team. Seven games is enough to know who you are. I hate to say it, but 1-4 the rest of the way seems more likely than anything else right now. Maybe they prove me wrong, but we seem to find a way to screw up every week...sign of a bad team Louisville and BG are also bad teams, so not a great measure of where we are at.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
3-1 would be miraculous. 2-2 is possible, but Virginia did to Duke today what Duke did to us last week, so...

The reality that everyone is not ready to accept is that we are a bad football team. Seven games is enough to know who you are. I hate to say it, but 1-4 the rest of the way seems more likely than anything else right now. Maybe they prove me wrong, but we seem to find a way to screw up every week...sign of a bad team Louisville and BG are also bad teams, so not a great measure of where we are at.

This is about what I expect also. I dunno which one we win

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I get what you are saying but one teams success against another doesn’t hold much weight with them having the same success over you, even if the team they beat had success over you. That’s just not how football works.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I could see GT going 5-7 and maybe getting an invitation to the Birmingham Bowl against Memphis because there wont be enough SEC teams to qualify for all the Bowl Games.

All of the 6-6 teams must get invites, even the G5 ones, before a 5-7 team gets invited. Then they go in order of APR. We would be pretty high up the list. Last year, no 5-7 teams made it and a couple of 6-6 teams missed out too, but I know a couple did one year.

I think VT is vulnerable this season

Not to our offense. If you can fling it around though, you have a chance. Just ask ODU, who threw it for 400+ yds vs VPI. Heck, it took 2 post bombs last year for us to win, laughably the only passes we completed the entire game. Our running game got *****-slapped as usual.

A bunch of TQM QB Keepers & FB dives won't do jack **** vs Foster's boys. Foster almost always shuts ol' CPJ down. Worse for us, VPI has already had its Bad Loss for 2018 - we won't catch them napping.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we're going to beat both Miami and VT. Those two teams are just not very good this year, period. Neither are we, but I think we'll step up our level for those guys. Of course, that means we'll lose to either UNC or UVA, maybe even both. But, that would just be Tech football in a nutshell. We could win every game left on the schedule and we could just as easily lose every game left on the schedule.

I think we're going to beat both Miami and VT. Those two teams are just not very good this year, period. Neither are we, but I think we'll step up our level for those guys. Of course, that means we'll lose to either UNC or UVA, maybe even both. But, that would just be Tech football in a nutshell. We could win every game left on the schedule and we could just as easily lose every game left on the schedule.

Perhaps UNC but not VPI. We won't catch them off-guard like in 2016 plus we don't pass well enough to beat them. This team can't score enough points vs good Ds to beat VPI.