Regional FINAL - Tennessee

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Announcers were (I believe) SEC Network regulars. That should help you understand why they cover for poor sportsmanship and arrogance...it just means more.

Proud that the team, despite its obvious season long deficiencies on the mound, played their hearts out and over-performed on the mound throughout the Regional (except for Game 1).

The outcome was exactly what one should have expected after this regular season. Anyone trying to use this year's post-season to further their "Fire Danny Hall" push is simply not paying attention and merely pushing a pre-set agenda.

As always, I am sad that the season is over. But thanks to this team for an interesting (if sometimes frustrating) season. The offensive talent was simply amazing.

Just once in my lifetime, I'd love to see GT with elite staff with a team ERA of 3 or less, even if our offense is weak.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Announcers were (I believe) SEC Network regulars. That should help you understand why they cover for poor sportsmanship and arrogance...it just means more.

Proud that the team, despite its obvious season long deficiencies on the mound, played their hearts out and over-performed on the mound throughout the Regional (except for Game 1).

The outcome was exactly what one should have expected after this regular season. Anyone trying to use this year's post-season to further their "Fire Danny Hall" push is simply not paying attention and merely pushing a pre-set agenda.

As always, I am sad that the season is over. But thanks to this team for an interesting (if sometimes frustrating) season. The offensive talent was simply amazing.

Just once in my lifetime, I'd love to see GT with elite staff with a team ERA of 3 or less, even if our offense is weak.
I’m hoping the pitching, while not sub 3 ERA, could be improved next year. Not sure who all will be back, but theoretically, can roll out Grissom, Huff, McGuire, Carter Daniels (injured all year), Dalton Smith, Brown, Finley, Hill, Carwile, Finateri, plus some promising freshmen. Surely pitching will be improved next year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping the pitching, while not sub 3 ERA, could be improved next year. Not sure who all will be back, but theoretically, can roll out Grissom, Huff, McGuire, Carter Daniels (injured all year), Dalton Smith, Brown, Finley, Hill, Carwile, Finateri, plus some promising freshmen. Surely pitching will be improved next year.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Our pitching was relatively young this year and the veterans that we did have didn't perform to their career averages. I was impressed by all of the freshmen though and expect them to take a big jump next year with all of the experience that they got.

It's also possible that Maxwell comes back. I think he made himself a lot of money last night, but he has the talent to be a first rounder if he can prove that he could do what he did last night over the course of a full season.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
The Draft will really tell us a lot. I think we lose a lot of our lineup. Prada is 100% gone, I think Jenkins is too. I've seen Simpson as a top 10 round pick and Maxwell too. I think Stanford from the 2022 class might be our only loss from that class, maybe Samol.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The Draft will really tell us a lot. I think we lose a lot of our lineup. Prada is 100% gone, I think Jenkins is too. I've seen Simpson as a top 10 round pick and Maxwell too. I think Stanford from the 2022 class might be our only loss from that class, maybe Samol.
Gonzalez is more than likely gone too

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, the only starters back might be Reid and Compton. Borden will be interesting, I think he exceeded expectations.

I hope we grab some good arms in the portal.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Really scared about the draft on offense. We could lose 8 of our 9 starters on offense. Feel like Parada, Jenkins, Simpson are gone. But who knows, Hall thought Waddell was gone for sure after his junior year.

Borden and Gonzalez could be easily gone. Compton and Reid seem like the most likely to be back. If we could get 3 of those 4 back, that would be huge. Borden may want to prove his defense since he was DH all year. They all have 2 seasons of eligibility left so they don’t have the pressure to leave if the offer isn’t right. Take those 3 and add in Deleo and that’s a decent core to add in the freshmen and sophomores.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Romero gets a shot to start next season, I've liked what I have seen from him in limited at bats. If Stanford makes it to campus I have to think he gets a shot at an OF slot.

I really want to know what is happening with Kristian Campbell, I thought we would see him at least a little bit this year.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Romero gets a shot to start next season, I've liked what I have seen from him in limited at bats. If Stanford makes it to campus I have to think he gets a shot at an OF slot.

I really want to know what is happening with Kristian Campbell, I thought we would see him at least a little bit this year.
I would think given that he was so highly regarded and had not a single AB all year, we should probably expect to see him in Transfer Portal soon, but who knows.

Hall has done great getting people here out of the portal. Could use a starting quality infielder and/or OF to come in. Have to think the ability for playing time and success of Simpson, Borden, JHM would make us pretty attractive to transfers.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, Romano really impressed me and so did Bradley Frye. I also liked what I saw from Tyler Hare. Take those guys and add in Sabathia and Diamant and the offense will be good again. I never worry about the offense though.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This team was great all season. They played their hearts out and delivered us exciting Beesball in both highly enjoyable and sometimes heartbreaking fashions, but they never quit right up to the last out. Can’t ask for more from this outstanding group of GT men. If every program was like this, we’d be a lot happier fanbase. Can’t wait to see what whoever’s not graduated or drafted can do next year!

My personal goal is to better the half dozen games I got to attend this year. I figure if I can get to 6 football games, I should be able to swing 3 weekends.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer

I am somewhat ambivalent when it comes to the fire CDH conversation since my opinion is not going to change much anyway, however, that being said, your logic makes no sense to me.

The fact that we did get exactly what we expected based on the regular season would be the very reason to question if the program needed changes to me? We basically squandered a historically once in a generation offensive season because our pitching (and to some extent, defense) was terrible all year and really never improved. I think many of us said at the beginning of the season, that the team would go as far as the pitching and defense would let us. Isn't it the coaches job to ensure that the team shows improvement in areas as the season progresses (within reason)? Yes, we had an occasional flash of brilliance (i.e., two good starts by Grissom and outstanding performances by Siegel & Maxwell), but no sustained improvement.

To you last point, yeah, me too. If we would have had Conner Thomas and company with this offense ......... well, it would have been glorious.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
This is what a VN poster said:

Not really pic related, but...
I want to give a shoutout to Georgia Tech!
They put up a great fight and their fans were passionate and classy. They represented themselves as a program that had “been there before!”
After the game, we were by the Tech bus, with the families and as soon as they found out that my boy had a Parada foul ball and was wanting an autograph, several of the parents ushered him to the front of the line and made sure Parada came to see him!
Hats off to the Georgia Tech program; you've got a good one, and now you have 2 more Vols, rooting for the Wreck!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I just saw a replay of the called strike for the last out. That was brutal. Above the hands. Was that called a strike all night?

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I just saw a replay of the called strike for the last out. That was brutal. Above the hands. Was that called a strike all night?
Ump was pretty inconsistent for both teams. Maxwell probably got a lucky called third strike with the bases loaded on his last pitch of the night. But the final pitch was a terrible call.