Redshirts Burned to this point

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
At the game I saw 4 on the field, am i missing anyone?

Marcus Marshall
TaQuan Marshall
Brad Stewart
AJ Gray

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched Anree on a few plays and he looked pretty quick off the line and showed some good moves. Wil Bryan and AJ Gray looked really solid too, but obviously Marcus stole the show. Gonna be fun watching these guys develop this year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hope that is all that we'll need for the season. Would like to think anyone that will play this season got the opportunity last night.
Gray did pretty well with open field tackles last night.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Marshall is the obvious big story, but that's been covered.

The other frosh who impressed me was - A. J. Gray. He's already good, but think about next year. We'll have the next Ken Swilling back there; a 6'3", 220 lb. safety with good speed and a nose for the ball. I was worried about safety going forward since our starters are seniors. Not any more, folks. That position is in good hands.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
I have not watched the replay but I thought I saw Gray make two nice tackles on KR team, made a nice open field tackle on defense and, what was really impressive to me, was the "interception" on the botched PAT, only because his reaction was so quick to be able to catch the ball.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched the game from behind team bench. MM and A j gray, and will bryan can see future and are very athletic. This year Will be useful in all games.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I have been a big booster of Alexander but in one play especially he looked really slow-slow to react and slow period when their QB started running for 20 yds after going back to pass on their TD drive.I hope that was outlier but having a killer tackling ability is not worth much if you can't get to the ball carrier.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I have been a big booster of Alexander but in one play especially he looked really slow-slow to react and slow period when their QB started running for 20 yds after going back to pass on their TD drive.I hope that was outlier but having a killer tackling ability is not worth much if you can't get to the ball carrier.
I remember the play you're talking about, he got caught flat footed and couldn't react at all as the play went by him. I'll cut him a little slack seeing as it's the first game but I expect him to improve.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I didn't want to be that guy, but I thought the same also. He looked a little too big for his frame imo. On the first play, he did appear hesitant and took a bad angle(probably giving the him the benefit of the doubt since it was his 1st game). On the 2nd long run, he void his zone and chased a route inside getting himself out of position instead of rerouting him and passing him along to Noble.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Although he's not a freshman, I assume that he CAN be redshirted, but what's the deal with Whitehead? He didn't sniff the field last night, did he?

Whitehead was on defense off and on in the second half. He and Jackson combined on a tackle with about 1:27 remaining. On one rollout pass I saw him in hot pursuit from the backside but no chance to make a play. Not sure of the number of plays.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Although he's not a freshman, I assume that he CAN be redshirted, but what's the deal with Whitehead? He didn't sniff the field last night, did he?
I just realized that I did not see his number. I was looking to see what combinations rotated in and out, so it is possible I might have missed him.