Recruiting strategy, not the star system, is the issue.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't do recruiting at all. It just seems to consume too much time and research and numbers so I duck it altogether. Coaches recruit, I fan. But along with the not doing stats very well, your breakdown of recruits confuses me, very easy to do so don't be offended. If 12 were from Georgia, were four from Alabama or Florida to total the 16? And please don't respond with a pie chart. I hate them more than stats.
Yes, three Florida and one Alabama, plus 12 Georgia is 16. It isn't stats, it's addition.[emoji6]

I used to track recruiting g pretty closely from a numbers perspective. I even went way back to look at AJC and Parade rankings in the 80s and 90s. The fact is that we had our best run of recruiting under O'Leary, but he was allowed slot of leeway and it was easier to get in.

Not because we were "national" but because the staff could recruit.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes, three Florida and one Alabama, plus 12 Georgia is 16. It isn't stats, it's addition.[emoji6]

I used to track recruiting g pretty closely from a numbers perspective. I even went way back to look at AJC and Parade rankings in the 80s and 90s. The fact is that we had our best run of recruiting under O'Leary, but he was allowed slot of leeway and it was easier to get in.

Not because we were "national" but because the staff could recruit.
Okay, thanks. But to me if it is a number it is a statistic. I hate addition as well. All we have to prove it really is the word of some long-dead Greek mathematician. Then some technology institution up in Atlanta made a killing at it.