Recruiting relationships

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Do you really doubt that cheating exists? Do you really doubt that the people who care more about football cheat more than those who don't?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...how-many-teams-cheat-commit-major-violations/
Of course I don't, though I do know people who love football or basketball like life but wouldn't cheat to get there. I have seen evidence that even the venerable John Wooden knew there was cheating going on in his program -- seems all his players had new sports cars when they enrolled -- and Reggie Bush's new cars and houses did not fall from the sky, as much as Pete Carroll professed otherwise. If there are corners to be cut you can find a corner cutter. My point was an is: you have proof Alabama or Clemson is cheating, let's see it, and none of that "some times are allowed to get away with it" or "as everybody knows" stuff on an anonymous message board. Show me. Neither of those schools have to cheat, anyway. As for that ridiculous kid showing off that ridiculous "stack" of $20 bills, goodness. We've seen it with the old Soviet Union and see it now: the bigger lie you tell the more likely it is to believed. If Clemson did that under Bowden no wonder he got fired. That kid's career there was two games, five snaps and he disappeared. Just as an exercise, that stack of bills which he claims to be new looks about a foot thick. (They are not new because they aren't bundled flat, and back between the real stuff is almost 12 inches of newsprint, but take his word for it.) A single piece of currency is .0043" thick, or 233 bills an inch. Times 12", comes out to this non-engineer whose liberal arts degrees taught him about critical thinking, to 2,791 bills, or $55,800 and some change.

Now my turn: do you really believe that? That's rhetorical.

Lee34102

Georgia Tech Fan
Of course I don't, though I do know people who love football or basketball like life but wouldn't cheat to get there. I have seen evidence that even the venerable John Wooden knew there was cheating going on in his program -- seems all his players had new sports cars when they enrolled -- and Reggie Bush's new cars and houses did not fall from the sky, as much as Pete Carroll professed otherwise. If there are corners to be cut you can find a corner cutter. My point was an is: you have proof Alabama or Clemson is cheating, let's see it, and none of that "some times are allowed to get away with it" or "as everybody knows" stuff on an anonymous message board. Show me. Neither of those schools have to cheat, anyway. As for that ridiculous kid showing off that ridiculous "stack" of $20 bills, goodness. We've seen it with the old Soviet Union and see it now: the bigger lie you tell the more likely it is to believed. If Clemson did that under Bowden no wonder he got fired. That kid's career there was two games, five snaps and he disappeared. Just as an exercise, that stack of bills which he claims to be new looks about a foot thick. (They are not new because they aren't bundled flat, and back between the real stuff is almost 12 inches of newsprint, but take his word for it.) A single piece of currency is .0043" thick, or 233 bills an inch. Times 12", comes out to this non-engineer whose liberal arts degrees taught him about critical thinking, to 2,791 bills, or $55,800 and some change.

Now my turn: do you really believe that? That's rhetorical.

If I recall correctly, one of the primary reasons he was never punished is that his family owns multiple ATM sites, ergo all the new $20's and the funds were relatively easy to explain.....

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If I recall correctly, one of the primary reasons he was never punished is that his family owns multiple ATM sites, ergo all the new $20's and the funds were relatively easy to explain.....
You just keep thinking, Butch, that's what you'e good at. Not a question of him being "punished". But about the offending university. Besides, those weren't new 20s. Or 20s at all. Who knows why a college kid pulls something stupid, like the guy pretending he had multiple big time offers but on signing day it turned out ... nobody ever heard of him.