Recent news give me hope against Clemson

Obviously it would be sweet if we could have all death marches and keep Clemson from running a lot of plays as they like to do.

The problem is we are not blocking things consistently enough yet this season to put together reliable grinding drives. Consequently we do need to hit some big plays.

Perhaps later in the season the offense will start to hum and the big play potential will be less critical. Even better maybe this week we show that consistency. I like Skov as a BB but he hasn't been here long enough to develop a feel for the crease and how to slice in there for the key extra yard we need. Not his fault...it is something that is learned through reps.
And Skov's backups are a freshman and a former linebacker.

Still not overly impressed with them. Notre Dame gave them that game. When ND started getting it going they went up and down the field on Clemson. This was there super bowl and they came out ready to play. Everybody assumes they're so great because of who they beat but before this game they were average looking at best. They struggled with Louisville and it took them 3 qtrs to get going against App St. This is a hangover game for a young, overhyped team. Sound familiar?!? We beat them Saturday.
And actually Notre Dame has not beaten anybody. Texas, UVA, GT---all with losing records.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We can't win without controlling the ball on offense. Our defense is capable, but too fragile and too light to withstand pounding by OL that are athletic and outweigh them by 35 pounds. We have to keep opponents offense , and our defense, on the bench for 35 + minutes each week or face almost certain annihilation.
You are just a ray of sunshine in a tropical storm world today, aren't you?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And Skov's backups are a freshman and a former linebacker.
Are you denigrating Marcus Allen?

Keep in mind he was primarily a running back in high school and was recruited by us as an athlete because his primary skills, according to the scouts, were his speed and versatility. That is why he had 25 D1 offers including TCU, Nebraska, FSU, Arkansas and Tennessee.

He may not have developed as much as we would have liked but it is not because he is out of position.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
We had opportunity to beat ND. Injuries, preventing young guys to get experience, are hurting. The law of averages seem to raising its ugly head. Last year until later part of year we were fortunate about injuries. In one case BB back position became stronger with experienced replacement. WR also with Waller. This is a disaster year injury wise. AB we had depth.

The O line has been a real disappointment!! ST also bad mistakes that have cost us. Going to be a long year until the "Hurts" recover and we can keep same guys on the field. If the injuries continue, This could certainly be a no bowl year. If so that will hurt recruiting.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If I believed that I wouldn't even bother to watch. D obviously has to play well because that QB is for real and they have an outstanding WR. We can win on execution and scheme. If we have some luck, then good. Sometimes you do, sometimes the other guy does. I would take it but not counting on it.

That's what I thought and NO,I did NOT watch the game either. I'm not much into masochism.