Reasons to be optimistic!

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Dude, go root for another team already. Your schtick is getting old. And, to save you time, no I'm not a kool-aid drinker or imbiber, I loved CPJ and I love CGC. And, most importantly, I support my team regardless of who the head coach is. We get it, you don't like CGC, more power to you, but we don't need you to reaffirm that in EVERY SINGLE THREAD!!!
"Dissent is the highest for of patriotism."

Sometimes those who complain do so because of how much they love the team, not because they hate it. Telling people who aren't sold in this new regime to GTFO is a bad take.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Only 7 more football Saturdays until the off-season!
Like ae said in his 2 part compliment(?) - going to be better - because staff completely bad now.

We are going to get a lot better than faster than good teams get better than they are. Think 3rd quarter UNC not Citadel!
With our financial situation (1,000,000 per month interest on debt) I am glad we are getting to have another off season.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I posted this back in January and these posts reminded me of it. Context was discussing Dabo 'being a clown' making dance videos for reruits, etc.:

The schtick looked a lot sillier when Clemson was going 6-7. If you're a character and you win everyone loves it. If you're a character and you lose you're just a fool. I think we may see some of that if CGC doesn't have quick results. I think he's going to have to back his big talk with big wins pretty quickly or the Atlanta media (and Tech fans) are going to skewer him.

If we were winning, the dance crew, the money down, all that, would be genius. It looks ridiculous to be down 20+ points to Temple and have choreography. But what is he supposed to do, be melancholy and grim until we start winning? "Juice" is part of his plan for the program. 'Fake it til you make it' (Or as a wise man was fond of saying: 'Act like you been there before.'

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No. I reported my own post so that the moderators would see proof that my deleted post was a fair representation of what our coach said, and I asked for an explanation of why it was removed. That was 4 hours ago, and I have not had any response.

Of course, they don't owe me a response. So far, I still get to participate. I appreciate this site, and I appreciate the difficult job the moderators have. If I were them, I'd just come clean and admit that the only rule is their emotional whim. Making rules against personal attacks which aren't enforced and then removing posts which don't violate the rules is just frustrating.
Your post has been restored. It was caught up in a mass removal of posts that were either off topic or against the rules.

Re: your 2nd paragraph, it actually sounds like you don't appreciate the site nor the difficult "job" that we have. I quoted "job" as it's a reminder that this is not a job. If you'd like to belabor your interpretation of the rules, and why your interpretation may not always be ruled as the correct one, please send a PM rather than take a thread off topic. If it goes into the same conversation as prior PMs, then you already understand my position.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
We are over analyzing. Here’s what I see:

-offense is clearly going to be held back by the OLine. All good guys, but they just aren’t cut out for this offense, and some just lack the physical development to be competitive at this level. You can clearly see that we can’t utilize our TEs and RBs out of the backfield as much as we want because we need support in pass blocking.

-I finally get what we’re trying to do on offense, and I’m starting to believe our coaches know what they’re doing.

-Graham clearly has the arm talent, athleticism, and confidence to be a good player. We need to keep giving him the reps. I’m cool with losing games with a talented freshman who will be apart of our future.

-Defense is def better. LBs and safeties are getting better at fitting on run plays (after some bad fitting against temple). DBs play solid press coverage. Our stats against the run aren’t going to be good because lack the physicality in the front 7. But we’re at least trying creative ways for generating run fits and pass rushing.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
What gets old is people that think they get to decide what others post.
I'm not trying to decide what you post. I couldn't care less that you complain. In fact, some of it is valid. However, here lately, you very rarely ever give any valid argument or basis for your complaints. You actually seem to be a knowledgeable poster at times which is why I haven't put you on ignore, but judging by the number of likes on my post, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that is getting tired of the incessant kool-aid drinkers/imbiber posts. By all means, follow your complaints up with some facts or a question and let's have a discussion. I think that's kinda the point of this place anyways right?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Your post has been restored. It was caught up in a mass removal of posts that were either off topic or against the rules.

Re: your 2nd paragraph, it actually sounds like you don't appreciate the site nor the difficult "job" that we have. I quoted "job" as it's a reminder that this is not a job. If you'd like to belabor your interpretation of the rules, and why your interpretation may not always be ruled as the correct one, please send a PM rather than take a thread off topic. If it goes into the same conversation as prior PMs, then you already understand my position.

I used "job" in the colloquial sense of a task to be done. Also, I can appreciate how hard it is to moderate this forum and disagree with how it is done.

I had a longer response, but I think everyone can see that after admitting my post was deleted in error, you took a couple of public pot shots at me while saying my response needed to be private.