Really we’ve sunk to a new low

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really like CJP but he just said in his presser today that we have a lot to look forward to because, if we win these next two games, we can finish in 10th place. That takes his optimism to a whole new level. But as a fan, my reaction is “Have we really sunk this low?”
Arent we playing to the level we deserve?

So since we are going to have long periods of sucking between short periods of being good, I am glad I like pastner and the scrappy defense he puts. On the floor.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don’t think Pastner can build a consistent quality program that’s competitive in the ACC. I support the team but I have no confidence in our coach.
Tech will never build a good program until they figure out how to get great players here- more than a couple- Cremins did it but he was a fantastic recruiter and knew how to do it during that era. Now it will take a ton of money that GT isn’t willing to spend.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah no kidding. Negative style points. Next thing you know, he’ll be endorsing Mayfield ice cream, and that’ll be the last straw for me…

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF

Everybody knows you eat Mayfield just as much as I do.
Mayfield is on sale this week at my Piggly Wiggly. $1.99 for a half gallon 56ounce. I might have to get some.

$1.99?! 'Scuse me, I gotta go ... somewhere.....

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
The whole reason this season went the way it did is for one simple reason: Pastner angered the basketball gods. I'd even venture to say that the reason that Jose Alvarado and Moses Wright didn't return is because CJP failed to keep his word and allow the team to style his hair however they saw fit. A deal was struck, but the sacrifice was never offered. That'll tick off any god.....(tic)

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
The whole reason this season went the way it did is for one simple reason: Pastner angered the basketball gods. I'd even venture to say that the reason that Jose Alvarado and Moses Wright didn't return is because CJP failed to keep his word and allow the team to style his hair however they saw fit. A deal was struck, but the sacrifice was never offered. That'll tick off any god.....(tic)
I mean, a promise is a promise. Not only did we not get a big nothing burger on: corn rows, or a Mohawk, or braids, or a shaved head, or a mullet, or even a pony tail; but we just had to settle for a normal trip to Great Clips, while they totally ignored the sideburns and left them as is all year.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
"Georgia Tech’s defense of its first ACC championship since 1993 has not gone as planned. The Yellow Jackets will take the court Tuesday night at the ACC Tournament as the No. 14 seed, the lowest seed that a defending champion has ever been assigned in conference history." from the AJC

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line- GT was a very good team last year. If Tech had a roster like that every year I would be on cloud 9. They were champions and No One can take that away. Hate that Moses was not able to play in NCAAT.
If pains me to say this but Loyola-Chicago -> Illinois -> Oregon State -- that team was probably Elite 8 if Moses doesn't get COVID.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If pains me to say this but Loyola-Chicago -> Illinois -> Oregon State -- that team was probably Elite 8 if Moses doesn't get COVID.
1000% watched every game I could of the teams on our side of the bracket and more so in our path and that was the most frustrating part. They were on fire at the end there, the exact fire you need to make a run. Hated it for our players that they got robbed by something out of their control

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I disagree with the title for this thread. "A new low" is way off base.

However, there are reasons we disappointed this year.

1- Devoe and Usher were our stars this year, but neither played up to what most expected. Devoe is a nice offensive player, but lacks toughness, especially on defense. Almost the opposite of Jose. Usher is Isma'Il Muhammad reincarnated. A joy to watch and will remain one of my all-time favorites. The fact he was not even HM for all-ACC is telling. We all expected more from him. I don't think it was his fault. We expected too much.

2- Our freshmen all have promising futures, but none was quite as good as we hoped. Kelly saved his best for the last game. I hope that carries over. I hope Coleman loses about 10-15 pounds like Dennis Scott did years ago. Moore was a very pleasant surprise.

3- Except for 2-3 games, we got virtually nothing from the five spot. I hoped for more.

4- Pastner hung with the Princeton offense for far too long and the new guys never really found themselves in his zone defense. These were the failures of coaching in my mind.

5- In 2020-21 we finished strong and won close games. We failed mostly this year to win those types of games.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I gotta say, whenever you spot a 'new low' for Tech fans, one of 'em grabs a shovel and says, "watch this".

Granted, that's true of all fans, but we're talking about us rn. Screw all y'all us. :sneaky: